How much and how often for haircuts/colour?

Varenne

Reaction score
How much do you pay for this? I've tried several places and a cut and colour always costs about 90-150 quid! Who can afford that every few months!? How do you do it, ladies?

I tried colouring at home and I'm either allergic or it dries out my hair horribly.

Now I'm at a point where I go to a salon about once a year because it's all I can afford so for most of the year my hair looks dull and manky and I just tie it up and try to forget about it!

Tips!

Last time I went to the salon it cost me 80€ for a cut and half of my hair bleached (like underneath of my hair so it wasn't even a full colour). N way I can afford that so now I just cut and colour it myself. Granted the colour looks gross at the moment as I haven't done it for a while but cutting it is so easy - loads of youtube videos on how to trim it. For colour I use l'oreal in red (the proper salon stuff, not the stuff from the shops) with 30 developer. Works out about 8€ a month for the colour and I do a trim every 6 weeks or so.

hi im really having this issue 2. I have been colouring myself for the past 2 and half years and only cutting about 2 times a year.
I have seriously took a day off work next week to have a car boot sale to raise money to get my hair coloured as i want some lighter colouring & a fringe put in.

I'm so lazy with my hair but I still look decent :haha:

I only have it cut about once a year and don't colour it. Its long and naturally curly and I let it dry naturally so I don't have styling damage. Xx

I'm very lazy with my hair... It gets a cut once a year and that's about it but it seems to be doing ok

Glad I am not the only one who hardley ever get my hair cut-I get it done 2-3 times a yr! I never dye it but am thinking about doing a home dye later this year ( as one of my weight loss goals) could never afford to go to the hairdresser to get it done if its that much eek!

Do you have any collages near you, our one did hair cuts, not sure about colours though, might be worth a shot?

xxx

Have a look on Groupon, Living Social, Itison etc.. They usually have really good hairdresser deals, or as someone else said try local colleges and offer to model for them - my friend does this and her hair is always different and always really nice! :flow:

I have mine bright red so it needs doing evey 8 weeks religiously.

Im with headmasters and they have a VIP club which gets you 25% off all services, and every 3 months or so they do a colour sale which gets you 50% off. so i can get cut/colour/ treatment for about 60.

A lot of the larger brands often do sales. if not groupon do amazing deals...just means you have to go to a different place each time.

If not the look for a local Rush trainin salon...you can get cut/colour by a student for £20!! they always have fully qualifed ppl there keeping watch. this what i did in uni.

Mine normally comes to £90, but if I go late Tuesday/Thursday nights, she does it for £70, I get mine done every 12 weeks some times longer depending on the money situation, really need it done at the mo, but gota wait till next month, is expensive I know, but have messed up my hair so much doing it myself, would rather have bad roots for few months save and get it done by the hairdresser.

It completely depnds on the level of the stylist and what type of colour you have done. If it was a cut and highlights I would expect that price, but i find it a little pricey for a full head colour and a cut and blow dry.

I only get mine cut now, costs £35-40. My hubby bleaches my roots and i dye my hair pink. I taught him how to apply colour the same way I was shown when i started out hairdressing - he's doing well :rofl: I get trade prices for my supplies too

I don't pay, my sister is a hairdresser and she trims my hair when I see her. Colour wise, I'm mouset brown which is so dull so I colour every few weeks. I go chocolate brown now, used to have it highlighted but now in a older its looks draining.

I pay £35 for an all over colour, cut and blowdry :) I am getting it done next week for the first time since before I was pregnant due to laziness!

I have a half head highlights and cut every 8-10 weeks. Costs £50, I get student discount of 20% so it's much cheaper than normal.

I always get groupons when they do them too, had highlights and a cut last week for £22!!

I'm a lucky bugger that has a hairdresser as a sister... Haha. But even I barely do my hair! X

I don't dye it. I got a cut and blow dry on New Year's Eve for £13 lol. Then again last month. X

I have it cut maybe twice a year. I had it coloured about a year ago because I wanted to go back to my natural dark blonde colour and home dyes didn't work. I may get this redone before my wedding, otherwise I never bother with salon colour, it's too expensive and often looks no better than home kits IMO. When I do have it coloured I expect to pay a good £70. Cuts cost about a tenner.

I colour mine at home every 6 weeks as I have loads of grey coming through now. Gone are the days I coloured me hair because I wanted a change, now I HAVE to colour it :haha:

I hate hairdressers, I used t go get mine trimmed about once a year, cut my own fringe, but now I trim it myself as well

My sisters a hairdresser, she does a full head of blonde highlights on my every 6 weeks. Have to beg her and pay for supplies though

I cut & colour my own hair. Last time I went to hairdressers it cost me £80 for a cut & colour.

Now it costs me £10-15 for a colour (have to buy two packs due to length of my hair).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->