How much and how often for haircuts/colour?

I get mine coloured every 6-8 weeks and cut/trimmed every other time I'm there. It usually costs £60

Im a hairdresser, at our salon the cheapest cut and finish is £24 we do 30% off first visits too! That's just cheapest stylist, colour wise it's all the same price no matter what level of stylist £36 is usually roughly what regrowth costs, £54 half head foils and £72 full head foils! .. Professional colours are just generally a lot healthier for the hair, After a while box colours just give build up and can usually come out darker then expected, and if you ever wanted to go lighter can be quite hard to lift.

£30 for a cut and colour, though I'm currently on my way to white so once I've achieved the right colour it will go down. I apply my own toner at home with professional stuff that I got cheap pretending to be a hairdresser. I am good at hair stuff though, it's always interested me and my hairdresser trusts me to put my own toner or whatever on. A lot of people will pay hairdressers prices because it can get messy when you start messing with bleach if you don't know what you're doing haha xx

I do think theres a few hairdressers out their who fib their way to get you to spend money. Theres no doubt about it, in the salon I worked at I watched my manager spout a whole load of crap about dyes and products.

I do think professional hair styling products are entirely better than off the shelf, but then my hairdresser tried to sell me a tiny bottle of Morrocan oil for £15. Once she realised i was trained myself, and I could get more product for less, she quit with the hard selling. Now she's fab, and I find she asks me more about hair colouring and styling :haha:, and she's happy to do the bits I cant manage while i do everything else at home.

I had my hair bleached at a different salon and applied colour (that I brought in) and charged me a ridiculous £80. Whilst it was great to have two ladies apply the colour evenly, I know fine well the bleach costs less than £10, so £80 was pushing it including time and tools!

I do think theres a few hairdressers out their who fib their way to get you to spend money. Theres no doubt about it, in the salon I worked at I watched my manager spout a whole load of crap about dyes and products. I do think professional hair styling products are entirely better than off the shelf, but then my hairdresser tried to sell me a tiny bottle of Morrocan oil for £15. Once she realised i was trained myself, and I could get more product for less, she quit with the hard selling. Now she's fab, and I find she asks me more about hair colouring and styling :haha:

Yeah and this!!! I love it when they have 'offers' on products, and if you go I react to the company you can still get them cheaper!

I pay 40-50 pounds for a cut and blow dry. I go about once a year!

I do think theres a few hairdressers out their who fib their way to get you to spend money. Theres no doubt about it, in the salon I worked at I watched my manager spout a whole load of crap about dyes and products. I do think professional hair styling products are entirely better than off the shelf, but then my hairdresser tried to sell me a tiny bottle of Morrocan oil for £15. Once she realised i was trained myself, and I could get more product for less, she quit with the hard selling. Now she's fab, and I find she asks me more about hair colouring and styling :haha:

Yeah and this!!! I love it when they have 'offers' on products, and if you go I react to the company you can still get them cheaper!

I was like, er no, I'm one of you :rofl:

I have my roots and a toner done every 5-6 Weeks. I'm naturally dark, but my hair is white blonde, so I have to keep up with the regrowth.
I'm growing my hair too, so i've not had a proper cut since last year, but she normally trims my fringe and tidies up the back every other visit.
I pay £60.
We're really careful with money, but I won't compromise on my hair (or my eyebrows) coz I feel rubbish if my hair looks rubbish!
xx

I do think theres a few hairdressers out their who fib their way to get you to spend money. Theres no doubt about it, in the salon I worked at I watched my manager spout a whole load of crap about dyes and products.

I do think professional hair styling products are entirely better than off the shelf, but then my hairdresser tried to sell me a tiny bottle of Morrocan oil for £15. Once she realised i was trained myself, and I could get more product for less, she quit with the hard selling. Now she's fab, and I find she asks me more about hair colouring and styling :haha:, and she's happy to do the bits I cant manage while i do everything else at home.

I had my hair bleached at a different salon and applied colour (that I brought in) and charged me a ridiculous £80. Whilst it was great to have two ladies apply the colour evenly, I know fine well the bleach costs less than £10, so £80 was pushing it including time and tools!

We sell the small bottles of oil I can't believe they retail at £15!!! Moorrocan oil is full of cillicans anyway!

Exactly.
I'm kinda glad to be out of the industry and doing my own thing now! I actually have learnt much more outwith the salon.
Everyone needs a hairdressing friend. And if you are one, teach someone :haha:

My OH is one of the top hairdressers in our country and owns his own salon. He does my hair for free which is lucky because no way could I afford him otherwise. :haha:

I get a £20 trim once a year and I don't let them take more than half an inch off. I only cut my hair so it'll keep growing and stay healthy, otherwise I'd never cut it.

Exactly.
I'm kinda glad to be out of the industry and doing my own thing now! I actually have learnt much more outwith the salon.

You mobile now then? I really want to work for myself, just need to learn to drive!!

Exactly.

You mobile now then? I really want to work for myself, just need to learn to drive!!

I've pretty much given up now :haha: Absolutely NO time :rofl: :baby::baby:

my oh's aunt is my hair dresser,she works from home. She doesnt charge me anything but for a cut and full head of hi lites she charges £65-70

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->