How much are you planning to spend on your bundle of joys?

lewood88

Mom of 2 expecting #3
Reaction score
I read an article today and im in shock most parents are spending on average between £1000-£4000 on there babies before they have been born:dohh: it sickens me that i was once one of them moms when i was having dd1 i spent a fortune with dd2 i wasnt so crazy but this time ive brought second hand and my mom and mil are buying clothes

£4000 could buy a car its madness

Well with DD I spent quite a bit. Thousands of dollars. But luckily I had that kind of money then. Got brand new nursery furniture, clothing, bouncer, swing. everything that I thought I could possibly need.
This time around I have no idea how much I am going to spend. I know I will have to get a new crib. But baby will spend its first few months co-sleeping in a co-sleeper thing and a bassinet, both in which I already have.
It really all depends on it's gender.

Tbf i have unisex things i had left over from both my girls only thing i will buy new it a cot as im a lil funny over things like that but ive brought alot of second hand things as money is really really tight atm with buying a new house but no was can i over spend this time as we dont have the cash and tbf after reading that report it sickens me lol

We mainly have everything already so probably won't be spending more than $1000 for the nursery set, paint, diapers, wipes, pacifiers, a rocker, and winter clothes, and a new carrier just because I want one. Everything else we already have

Second hand things all the way. We've spent *maybe* $100 on second hand clothing and things. We're receiving a nice stroller/carseat combo along with many other things. With DD we bought/received way too much, taking this one nice and easy.

We are planning in spending as little as possible, buying second hand and getting hand me downs from people we know. It's not the we don't have the money, and if our baby needs something we have no problem paying for it, but we also are not interested in spending money when it's not necessary. Most second hand baby clothes have been barely used, so I don't see the point in paying full price. So far I've spend maybe $50, will probably spend about $200 once we've gotten everything we need. We are going to have the essentials for when the baby arrives, and then buy things as needed so we don't end up spending on tons of things that we may not actually use.

What we are spending is being bumped up by £1200 because I need a buggy bike, cant be helped, I have a 5 and 9 year old and we cycle everywhere... Makes me feel a bit sick but what can I do?! :nope:

Probably £500 ish in total. About half of that is for a pushchair. I've bought a second hand car seat but will buy the base for the car new and that's £90. The rest is for a bouncer and clothes (possibly blankets depending on sex). We some bits from dd so will just be replacing what we didn't keep (with a few extra bits if it is a boy).

We've spent about £150 (second baby so we have a lot of stuff).

First time round we were given the two most expensive things - car seat and buggy. That totalled about £450.
We probably spent another £400-500 maybe. We got a fewhandmedowns for clothes which helped but spent money on cotbed, bedding, slings etc

Up to yet i have spent £26.50 i have brought a bugaboo bee cacoon and the maxicosi car seat adapters i already have the car seat from dd2 atm i have my eye on a bee on ebay it had 6 days left so im hopeing to snapp that up for £150 but we shall see i did want a mamaroo but its abit of an over spend for a seat we still have the baby bjorn which we had for dd1 dd2 and now for this one too so we will use that unless i find a momaroo on ebay for £50 lol my sister has a friend who has stuff off a "back of a lorry" shall we say and she gets baby clothes they are highstreet stuff but for a fraction of the price so i may get some clothes off her

I was pretty cheap!
New mattresses but second hand cot and moses basket.
Clothes mix of second hand and new, I did get tons as gifts.
Furniture we already had, did buy a wardrobe which is being used again now.
Car seat new, pram bought by mil new. Bottles new.
No idea how much we spent, was still a fair bit overall but not into the £1000's by any means.

This baby will have all the same stuff as ds, but new bottles and mattress!

I'm going to have to buy a bigger car so this is an expensive little bundle right from the get go :haha:

Car seat will be my biggest expense at £275 and is the only thing I won't condsider 2nd hand.

I would like a new sling (use mai ties before and want a ring sling for this one), an off road buggy and I'd really like the halo bassinette so technically that could be another £500-£600 right there :shock:

I get vey little useful stuff as gifts alas so no help there.

A couple of thousand probably, this is our first baby and everything we're buying is gender neutral so can be used again if we we're to have other children. The nursery is just a blank slate at the mo so that will need doing from scratch.

We have spent $700, but we are starting from scratch since my youngest is 6 and we got rid of everything 3 years ago. Of course I am buying for 2 and my biggest expense was carseats and stroller. I've already received lots of clothes, and only purchased a few brand new. I got my crib bedding set for $10 when it was normally $180. Waiting to buy more until after my baby shower in 3 weeks then we'll probably spend another 300 depending upon what we get.

I've spent about £1500 so far BUT it is our first and we didn't have anything at all! I know we can get second hand stuff and don't have an issue with that but we can afford new so why not. Won't be like this with our second though ;)

I didn't have some of the handy things with DS like a swing. So will be purchasing that this time, and they are not cheap. So far we have spent roughly $300 (cloth diapers, wrap etc). I estimate that we will be spending another $300 excl. breastpump.

I read an article today and im in shock most parents are spending on average between £1000-£4000 on there babies before they have been born:dohh: it sickens me that i was once one of them moms when i was having dd1 i spent a fortune with dd2 i wasnt so crazy but this time ive brought second hand and my mom and mil are buying clothes

I'm probably one of those crazy ones that's spent a lot of money.

With Dd who is 19 months we spent probably a few thousand pounds £1000 pram, new cot, clothes, new everything.

This time we thkught we wouldn't spend much at all due to having one close in age but we have just forked out £1200 for a new pram, bought him a new cot as my daughter is still in a cot. And obviously we can't re use all of her clothes so spent his hundreds on clothes.

I promised myself we wouldn't spend much but when it comes to Babies I can't help myself I want everything!

I've spent several thousands already and I still need big things like car seat and crib, baby carrier etc. she worth every cent to me and I couldn't think of a better thing to spend my money on.

I'm probably one of those crazy ones that's spent a lot of money.

With Dd who is 19 months we spent probably a few thousand pounds £1000 pram, new cot, clothes, new everything.

This time we thkught we wouldn't spend much at all due to having one close in age but we have just forked out £1200 for a new pram, bought him a new cot as my daughter is still in a cot. And obviously we can't re use all of her clothes so spent his hundreds on clothes.

I promised myself we wouldn't spend much but when it comes to Babies I can't help myself I want everything!

Yes! My partner and I usually go on a lovely holiday once every couple of years....costing approx £5k...at least this money is being spent on our precious firstborn child! Plus we'll save money on not going on holiday for a few years ;)

We have most things from DS and wont be buying new stuff unneccessarily. We will be reusing nursery furniture/pram/carseats and just buying a new mattress. We also kept stuff like highchair, bouncer chair, playmat etc. I will be buying some new clothes although we do have a few white unisex sleepsuits, little hats, vests and coat so will resuse those. I will need a new steriliser and may invest in the tommee tippee prep machine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->