How much are you planning to spend on your bundle of joys?

Oh man, I went CRAZY with my first child! All new everything! This time around I'm much more relaxed. I bought so much stuff that I never used with our first child, so I know better this time around. I am also not concerned with everything being new. I unfortunately didn't keep anything from our first daughter (we moved to a different state and I wasn't sure we would have more kids, so I got rid of it all), so I have to start completely over. So far, I've been buying everything I can second hand - especially at thrift stores and garage sales. I'm only buying the necessities and things I *know* I will use! I really think we will end up spending way less than $1000, even. Probably only like $500 - with a huge chunk of that going towards new car seats and bases.

Second child, different gender plus ds still using some stuff and some stuff got worn out (steriliser, moses basket etc) so I think it'll be around £500 for no 2 before birth. I think it was around £2000 for no 1 but he had no furniture. The room was in a state etc. We buy second hand and re sell too. I honestly didn't buy anything I didn't use. We budget for everything so nothing is bought on a whim. As long as you stick to your budget you will be fine. The larger costs are lower income for a year and essentials like nappies, clothes etc. We save loads here because we cloth nappy and buy second hand.

We spent about £1,500 - £2,000 with DS1 as he was the first baby so kitted out with everything!

However I saw most of it as an investment so got gender neutral meaning we are now reusing it all again for DS2. So far I've spent about £50 so can't complain :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->