How much are your little ones drinking?

Nut_Shake

Reaction score
My munchkins are around 8.5lbs now and are 8.5 weeks, they are only drinking on average 90ml (3oz) per feed of every 3 hrs.

I know theres no right or wrong answer to this but just wanted to know about others as im sure mine are def on the lower scale of how much they should be having (although they seem to putting on weight fine right now...)

Thanks ladies :flower: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

my LO is 2 days younger than yours .. he drinks 4.5 - 5 oz every 3 hours, but sleeps from 10 - 6 without a feed now... before he drank 3 oz, but still woke up through the night.

i was told by his doctor to just feed him untill he doesnt want any more, and he will stop when he's full. And if hes draining every bottle and wanting to eat more frequently, to up the ounces.

As long as they are putting weight on sounds fine to me :thumbup:
Chloe is a greedy eater at 11wks she's around 14lbs she was born 7lb 9oz she has 33oz in 24hrs

Mine is a very large baby (born 9lb 3oz) and took only 1 oz per feed for 2 months & then 2-3oz per feed until 4 months!

i had the extreme opposite my Lo was taking 4oz at birth and by 4 weeks was taking 7oz every 2.5 to 3 hrs lol. as you can imagine he is a very chunky wee man xx

My LO is nearly 11 weeks and he has 7-8ozs at every feed and has 5 feeds a day. He's been on that amount for a while. At 8.5 weeks I'd say he was having 6-7ozs 5 times a day. He weighed about 11lbs by then though. He was a slow starter but he's making up for it now!

I think the guide is a daily amount of 2.5 ozs for every lb of body weight, so if your two are getting to about 21ozs a day which it sounds like they are then it's perfect.

But every baby is different and like you say all that matters is they are gaining weight well :)

alfies 12 weeks tomorrow :cry: hes 13lb and at birth he was 8lb15oz
he drinks 3oz-3 1/2oz every 1hr half - 2 hours.

<3

Lily is two weeks on tuesday, and she has 2-3oz every 3/4 hours and she was 8lb 11oz born but lost some so shes now 8lb 9oz

xx

Katie is nearly 12 weeks and im going to up her feeds to 8oz tomorrow, she was 8lb 12oz when she was born tho x

D is 11lb (7lb8 at birth) and is almost 10 weeks. He has 4-6oz or so every 3ish hours. Including night time. up to 37oz a day. I'm zonked.

Nim is only eating 1-3oz at the mo :sad1: averaging 2oz per feed.
She was eating a lot more when breastfed but just doesnt like the bottle that much (or the neocate in it!)
Its ruining her good sleeping patterns :cry: I'm waiting for the pediatrician to get back to me about it.

My LO is 10 weeks on wednesday. She weight 6lbs 13oz at birth. She is now eating 5oz every 4 hrs and will go most nights from 11 till 6 without a feed at night.

As long as your little ones is putting on weigh I wouldn't worry. I just used trial and error with my LO to see how much she would drink by upping the oz. Sometimes she doesn't always drink 5oz but most of the time she does. I think they have their moments.

my lo was drinking around that at the same age..he put on weight fine. dont worry hun if they are happy then dont worry. x

Our LO was5lb3oz at birth two weeks old and taking an average of 2oz per feed every 3 hours, sometimes she only takes 1 - 1.5oz but it depends on how hungry she seems to be, she is putting on weight fine though and at 2 weeks old has gone from 5lb3 to 5lb9oz

My LO is 2 days older than yours, she was 7lb 11oz at birth, but i dont know what weight she is now. She drinks 24 ounces throughout the day.
9am - 6
1pm -4
4pm- 6
7pm-4
10pm-4
sleep = 11pm-8.40am ( i know am blessed)

Amber has never been a ''big drinker'' :haha: she is currently on 5oz every 3-4hours (STTN too), but just last week she was on 4oz! As long as they are putting on weight and having regular wet nappies you have nothing to worry about :thumbup: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->