How much at 3 weeks?

Kimber

Reaction score
Just wondering how much approximately your babies are eating each feeding at about 3 weeks old?

I know that it varies baby to baby and there isn't a right or wrong amount....I'm just curious. Thanks.

DD3 was taking 4-5oz at 3 weeks old and weighed about 10lbs at a guess. Its best to go by weight when working out if a baby is taking the right amount of formula rather than age. A 7lb 3 week old will probably be drinking less formula than a 10lb 3 week old. xxx

Good point Skunkpixie.

I guess they eat what they eat and it shouldn't matter what another babe eats, huh? We just had an early and slow start which got me worrying and a bit obsessive about how much she's consuming!

My LO is nearly 3 wk and weighs 8lb but is guzzling 3-3.5oz every 3-4 hours.... I'm worried she's feeding too much as when we were in hospital (just got out) nurse said she didn't need that much but she keeps eating her hand and I onl feed when I've checked nappy, played, cuddled her!! Xxx

Most 3 weeks olds will go about 2-3 hours between feeds so if she wants feeding every 3-4 hours then its more likely that she will want more milk at each feed than if she were doing 2-3 hourly. Just feed on demand. Give her what she wants, when she wants and if she is not throwing up and seems content than its the right amount for her. xxx

At three weeks LO was having 3 ounces every 3-4 hours x

My lb was in scbu for 5days so everything he had was measured and how often, so i became obsessed with how much as well.
when we got home he was crying constantly because he was hungry.. he wasn't getting enough so I asked my mw and she says they have growth spurts when they are going to be hungrier.
He was taking 5oz and to look on the back of the tin it says for 2-4months so no wonder we worry!

Just feed when u think, don't hold back if they are just being greedy they will spew it back up!

He was taking 5oz and to look on the back of the tin it says for 2-4months so no wonder we worry!

I reeeeeeeally hate the tin guidelines with a passion! They need to be scrapped or at least heavily revised. They go against the NHS guidelines to feed on demand. xx

I reeeeeeeally hate the tin guidelines with a passion! They need to be scrapped or at least heavily revised. They go against the NHS guidelines to feed on demand. xx

I totally agree!! As a first time mum you worry about not sticking to the guidelines ! Xxx

My LO wasn't yet FF at 3 weeks old but my niece was, she was taking 3-4 oz at a time, on demand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->