How much breast milk for 9 month old?

eskimohime

Reaction score
Baby is currently 9 months old. I send three 5 oz bottles (breast milk) to daycare along with 3 meals. I noticed that I am pumping less milk than I used to which I'm guessing is normal since she is now eating solids regularly. My question is do I slowly send less milk now that I am pumping less? I have been supplementing with some frozen breast milk to send 5 oz bottles each day. Also, if I am sending less breast milk - do I need to replace/mix that with other milk? And/or do I need to start sending juice/water? I know that breast milk is the primary source of nutrition for the first year, but I'm just thinking about the transition once I wean off the pump at one year.

Also, should I be weaning her off bottles at daycare at 1 year and send liquids in sippy cups? Sorry so many questions! We plan to continue breastfeeding at home for as long as she wants.

I really have no idea as I haven't been there. But for the breast milk question I would think if she is still finishing her bottles at daycare I would send the same amount. But if she's not finishing them, I would send less. Not sure about weaning though....

At 9 months R had feeds in the morning, around 3pm & then for bed - the 3pm was a short feed to help her nap. If R ever had bottle (I could never pump more than 1-2oz) she would generally take about 4oz. I would say continue giving what you can pump - I think 3 bottles is more than enough for the daytime especially with 3 meals.

By the time R was 12months when I returned to work she was only feeding morning & night, sometimes only night

If a baby has a good diet they should be getting most their nutrients from the food. I think they say babies should carry on with milk up until 12months but i'm not sure how much.

R is still breastfed at 17months - I am not concerned how much she gets as she has a healthy diet & generally only feeds now to help her sleep & because she like milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rubysan
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->