How much cramping is okay?

atx614

Mom of 3
Reaction score
So with my daughter I had no cramping and so I get worried when anything is different, even though I know all pregnancys are different.

I have been having a lot of cramping while lifting my daughter today, and now she is asleep but I am still cramping. No blood or spotting though, which i am thankful for. I had a pain up higher too, like almost under my right boob...anyone had this? Most of my pain is on the right side too. I guess my question is, if you are experiencing cramping how bad is it? I just want to know what "normal" is.

Hi hun. I had this too.the midwife said its just stretching. I have started getting it again now at 17 weeks. Is it just above your pubic bone and around your bladder?

i lifted my niece and nephew last week and i knew about it. I read mc normally starts with spotting. It could be growing pains. Drink loads of water for a couple of days. If its no better pop to your doctor or midwife xx

My midwife also told me as long as I'm not doubled over in pain it's ok. Everything is stretching and being dehydrated can cause cramping too, so like laura109 already said, drink a lot :) If you get too worried go to the ER. Better safe than sorry. Hope it goes away soon!

Cramping is very normal in pregnancy, especially in the early days while everything is stretching making room for your little resident in your tummy :) as long as there is no blood I wouldn't worry too much, but you can always call your MW for some advice x

I'm just about as far along as you and I've been having cramping on and off for the past two weeks as well. They feel like stretching cramps because they come and go pretty quickly. I'm still going to bring it up at my first doctor appt though and just make sure i's ok :)

Tanks everyone! I drank lots of water last night and am already feeling better. Still have twinges, but nothing bad. Laura109-that is exactly where my pain is! Glad to hear I am not alone and it seems normal. Probably didnt get it last time cause i wasnt lifting a toddler all day, lol. Thanks again ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->