how much did/does your baby drink?

lov3hat3

Mummy to lil J, Preggo #2
Reaction score
Jamiee is starting to get into the routine of waking up every 3 hours for a bottle which is good considering he was waking up every hour! But once hes awake he can go through 2,3 bottles in a hour. Yesterday he screamed and screamed untill he had about 10oz. A tub of forumla is only lasting half a week at the moment because he goes through so much. Ive tried giving him water in between but that didnt help, my mum asked the midwife if we should switch to hungry baby milk but she said that just makes them constipated and we should carry on the way were going. Does/did anyone elses baby go through that much :|?

Not all babies get constipated on hungry baby milk. Shauns been doing just fine on it since he was about 8 weeks. He's weaned now so dropped his feeds, he now has 4 x 7oz bottles in a day. Sometimes 3 if he falls asleep early. Things will get better hun, it's just tough until your allowed to fill them up with real food. Been there. :hugs:

ETA: Never 10oz because we only have 9oz bottles :haha: But yes, he did go through alot when in the first couple months of his life. The most I can remember is 7 x 7oz bottles in a day. Bloody pig.

is he keeping all that down :O as in 10oz in one go?
sometimes aidy will have one massive feed and i think where is this all going?! lol
then the next few he doesnt want as much
i cant remember what aidy had at 3 weeks but think it was 4oz every 3-4 hours
does he have a dummy? i found sometime aidy was sucking the bottle for the sake of sucking and was just as happy with a dummy in his mouth

Nathaniel was like this, and we didn't use Hungry Baby milk because it seemed to make his reflux worse (how is that?) Personally at his age I would just be feeding him whenever he wants, try Hungry Baby and see if it works for you. As long as he is keeping the food down, you shouldn't worry too much.

Currently Nathaniel's weaning is going not too well with about 10 spoons a day + 5x9oz bottles. Greedy milkpig.

lol i only have 9oz bottles too, i have to make about 16 bottles to last the day and night! i seem to be forever sterelizing bottles! lol

Yeah, he keeps it all down and all in one go! hes a pig lol. Yeah he has a dummy. Hes being weighed tomorrow, he definatly feels like hes put on alot of weight!

Ah! Don't give him water! He's still a baby and need all the nutrients he can get (well, unless a doctor told you to).

We feed on demand, always have, and Finn takes anywhere from 25-35 ounces a day.

i was told by my hv that you should only feed them every 4hours if giving 7oz feeds and in between only give water. Theo wasn't too happy when i started this, didn't like water at the beginning but hes getting into a better feeding pattern with that so i'm persevering :) try feed him every 3 hours or whatever works for you then he'll know when to expect his food and in between if he wants more food take him out for a walk or try him with water or a dummy :)

Jaymee just drinks when ever she asks for a sippy. but usually 4 sippys a day.
and Katherine usually has 4 8 oz bottles a day.

No idea how much max drank but definitely try hungry baby. :hugs:
I'll come and see you soon so you can have a nap! Xxx

When Kian was tiny he was breastfed, so i dont know exactly how much he had but he seemed to be always on the breast, so i gave him a dummy as i thought sometimes he was just sucking for the sake of it. It does get better though, keep perservering and maybe get a second opinion on the hungry baby milk?xx

My LO is feeding about every 2 hours atm around 6oz lol, I thought this was to much but if she is hungry I'm going to feed her simples!:) lol. I did however try the hungry baby milk before and it gave her bad constipation "/ wasn't nice at all but ofcourse every baby will take to it differently
__XO

Erin was like that about 3 to 4 weeks too. I was told its a growth spurt and its normal at that age. Shes pretty settled on 4 or 5 8oz bottles a day now.

Try him on hungry baby, it should definatly space out the feeds :) Ava went on it at 2 weeks coz she was constantly hungry and she never got constipated x

Hi hun, my little boy was drinking around 70oz a day sometimes 90oz (his problem was reflux though) you might just have a hungry little baba! he is so cute btw xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->