How much do you feed your 8,9 or 10 month baby?? For us beginners again!!!

charlie07

Reaction score
Hi all

Not had chance to come on the forum for ages, missed it! :(

I started a thread a while back about the amount of food you feed your babies as nowhere does it tell you an average, or approximate, because we all know every baby is different, but that doesn't help at all!!!

Anyway, Gabbi is 8 1/2 months. And there were comments today about Gabbi's big legs, not horrible, they thought they were cute!!! But I must admit, I changed her in the car on Sunday and I wad shocked at how big her thighs were!! Oh blimey, enormous!!!! So now I wonder if she's eating too much and I do confess, I have cut her food down slightly, but now she is drinking all her milk, where as before, she was struggling. I know how important it is for her to still have so much a day and she was taking only half!!

A girl who's daughter is just over a year old, says that at approx 10 months, baby should have approx 200g of food, I presume that's per day???! That's about 7 oz but Gabbi was having 6 oz plus fruit and cereal not long ago per meal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I was feeding her too much!

So she has:
(1 cube = approx 1 oz)

Breakfast - 180 ml milk and 1 or 2 tbs of porridge made with formula and water, 1 cube of fruit.

Dinner - 3 or 4 cubes of food, then 1 cube fruit and 2 tbs yogurt

Mid Aft - 180 ml milk

Tea - 3 or 4 cubes of food, then 1 cube fruit with approx 3 oz cereal.

Final bottle - 180 - 210 ml milk

Hey hun

I have no idea about amounts. I just go with what she wants. My LO has a big BF when she wakes, then half a bowl of porridge for breakie (BTW you dont need to use formula to make her porridge now you know ;) ) then fruit for lunch - about half a banana or a full pear or small apple, then veg for tea about 200g is (I usually peel about 400g and add sauce or what ever and split that over 2 days) then a fromage frais or similar after. Last thing she has a BF but not a long one. Some days she has a BF nid afternoon but she appears to be dropping that.

Hebe is THUNDER THIGHS!!! She weighs 20lb13oz today (she lost 3 oz recently) and is a bouncing baby. :D

lol i used to feed katie practically that at like 4 months!! she'd have baby cereal for breakfast, then lunch she'd have 4 cubes of food, then 4 cubes at teatiime and BFs inbetween. but she wasnt getting any milk!!

now she has toast for breakfast most mornings, then i just give her finger foods for lunch and see what she'll have, then tea pretty much the same. just let her eat as much as she wants!!

i must be really overfeeding Annabelle she has cereal for breakfast 5 cubes at lunch plus half a banana then tea 5 cubes then fruit for pudding she eats it all

Lou
xxx

I don't really measure Hannah's and we don't use many cubes so it's hard to say for certain, she really just eats what she wants.

But a "normal" day would include

7 ounce bottle plus cereal (2-3 tablespoons) plus 2 cubes fruit puree plus a fruit finger food (she won't eat anything unless she has that finger food), usually a cut up strawberry, blackberries, or blueberries

snack after her morning nap (varies as to if she has this or not)

lunch 1/2-1 full cheese stick cut up, small handful of a soft veggie, small handful of fruit (banana, avocado, mango etc.) plus 1 full yogurt

snack after her afternoon nap and she usually eats quite a lot for this

dinner can be pasta, chicken, plus a small handful of veg and a fruit cup....if she wants more than that sometimes a rusk or biscuit too.........

Hannah's definitely a good eater but she's not very big (well long but that's it). She's also very very active

Jay is 8 months tomorrow and weighed 19lb12 about a week ago (he has HUUUUUGE thighs :rofl:)

210 oz milk when he gets up at about 7:30
2 tbls cereal at about 8:30

3 cubes veg and a bit of finger food (pear, banana, cucumber or rusk) at about 12
210 oz milk at 1ish

4 cubes veg and meat or fish at around 4:30 and desert (few spoonfuls of yoghurt + 1 cube fruit or 1/3 fruit jar or some baby custard)

He usually guzzles 260 ml (9oz) formula before bed at 7ish and then sleeps through to about 7ish.

I think he'd probably eat more if I let him as he's really into food at the mo but his weight gain has been quite big recently and he's definately getting enough :D

xx

Hey hun
Hebe is THUNDER THIGHS!!! She weighs 20lb13oz today (she lost 3 oz recently) and is a bouncing baby. :D

Gabbi was 21 lb 1 oz at 8 months! She tends to put 1/2 kilo on per month, so at least she's steady lol

Well looking at what you've all wrote, I'm not really over feeding her! Phew! Now some days Gabbi will refuse food, hardly eat anything. Most days, I feed her her food and even at the last mouthful, she is opening for the food, but I don't give her more. If she cries, then of course I give her more, she tells me, but most days, I give her the food and she has water, she's fine. I don't feed her until she starts refusing food.
She doesn't have much finger food, she's just bothered. I'm sure she'll just start when she's ready. Saying that, she likes playing with cucumber and toast, it's a toy, it's not for eating!! lol

THANK YOU everyone for letting me and others know, it really does help and gives us all an idea of whether we are going in the right direction or not. Thank you :hug:

Wow, I'm feeding my LO much bigger portions than you seem to be doing. But I still have a little one, right in the bottom percentiles. But then again, he doesn't stop moving for a second and the food just goes right through him (man, those poopy diapers!) :D

Brooklynn is now 10 1/2 months and her average day is...(example from last night)

Early bottle 4oz (5am)
Breakfast 1 sugar free fruit cup and 1/2 cup of oatmeal (9am)
Lunch entree like half a quesidilla and cucumber/pepper strips
Dinner 2 slices from my steak a small baby potato, piece of broccolli, cauliflower and carrot. She won't usually finish all of it and if I don't think she ate enough I will give her part of a jar of baby food

If she wants an extra snack during the day I will give her an extra fruit cup, veggie strips, rice crackers/ cheerios, or a cheese string/youurt

At age 8 monts, now that I think about it I remember...

Breakfast was oatmeal or yogurt with 2-3 tbsp fruit and 4oz bottle
Lunch was 1/2 jar baby food and veggie sticks or fruit
Dinner was 1/2 big jar of fmeat baby food and veggies from the table

Aaww daisy has big thighs too! Gets it from me :rofl: Nope alot of babies get a little chubbier at this stage and then when they start walking or become really active they lose it all again, it's just baby fat!

Roughly.... Havent measured it before..... Daisy's meals today went like this.....

Early morning.....6 oz bottle

Breakfast..... Banana Porridge, some fruit and a bit of toast.

Mid Morning..... i try to coax her into having a few oz of milk but she never does! So usually has some cheese and some fruit.

Lunch...... brown bread sandwich with ham, cherry tomatoes, and a little fromage frais.

3pm 6 oz bottle

Dinner..... Haggis, Potatoes & Turnip, then half a jar of HIPP fruit duet (she cant get enough of these!)

then her bedtime 7oz bottle xxx

Glad I found this thread as I'm probably not feeding my DD enough but she's such a picky little miss. She's 9 months old and last week had her wellbaby visit - she is 18 lbs and 29" long (she gained 2 lbs and 3" since her 6 mo. WBV). Currently she's on 2 meals a day, though if her naps are horrid (like yesterday) her dinner sometimes suffers:

Wake-up Bottle: 180-240 mls formula
Breakfast: 2.5 tbs baby oatmeal w/fruit puree or 1/2 waffle w/cream cheese & fruit puree or scrambled egg w/fruit puree
Lunch Bottle: 180-240 mls formula
P.M. Snack: cheereos
Dinner Bottle: 180-240 mls formula
Dinner: 2 cubes veggies, yogurt & fruit puree
Bedtime Bottle: 180-240 mls formula

Need to add a lunch but it's hard as that is when we usually run errands or she has her playgroup so we are away from home. And we're struggling with meat.

Ollie will be 8 months on the 25th of this month. At the moment he has:

6-7am 5oz bottle
9am 1/2 a weetabix and 3oz bottle
12pm 1/2 a jar of dinner (or equivilent if having my food), fruit pot/custard for pudding
3pm 5oz bottle
4.30pm toast and 3/4 of a jar of fruit puree
7pm 5oz bottle

Do you think he's eating enough? x

Ellies thighs are massive shes not weighing much but shes so short bless her. She eats on a normal day

A huge bf in the morning then a bowl of cereal or toast
Sometimes a midmorning bf but its a comfort thing that for her morning sleep
Then lunch either a sarnie and yoghurt or 3/4 cubes of dinner or fruit puree
Then a mid afternoon snack either fruit or a babybel or bf which or even a biscuit depends
Then dinner 4 cubes pudding custard or yoghurt or fruit puree or fruit
Then a bf before bed it seems all Ellie does it eat lol

Lucy has huge thighs too hun, I think lots of babies do. I must really be over feeding her! She has:

Breakfast: Bowl of porridge and whole milk or a weetabix with whole milk and 5 oz bottle.

Snack: Fruit - banana, pear or melon usually about 10.30am

Lunch: Either a sandwich or some other finger food or a stage 2 jar (220g) and water or juice

Snack: Yogurt or similar about 2.30pm

8oz bottle at 4pm

Dinner: Either a portion of what we have and a pudding or a jar and a pudding.

8oz bottle before bed

I think I overfeed her!!

Interesting how most of us are giving sandwiches/toast etc as my new HV has completely different views on thingsto my last HV. I heard her talking to another mum who was saying about the food she was giving her 9 month old. She said she gave her sandwiches and the HV responded with "dear, sandwiches are for toddlers not babies" now my old HV wouldn't have said that but this new one is a nightmare. I've already had the glare off her for weaning Ollie at 18 weeks instead of 6 months! x

Hi girls.

Sorry not replied and thank you all, but didn't get an email to say there had been replies!!!

Anyway, thank you all for your input, it's a real help.

Well I have to rethink what I am giving Gabbi as she hardly has any finger foods as I never seem to have anything to give her! But that's another thread.

Well I have just made a new batch of food and now frozen in cubes in the freezer. I am going to slowly start cutting out her mid afternoon milk, very slowly as she eats more solids. Have read in a few places that at 9 months, this bottle can start to be cut out, BUT some days she wants more milk and others less so I am letting Gabbi tell me NOT what the book says, if that makes sense.

She's off her breakfast again. This morning she only had 150 ml of milk (normally 180) and I make 1 tbs of porridge with 60 ml of milk, 1 cube mashed fruit and she only ate 1/2!!! Early lunch for her today! :)

Thank you again for replying, big big help x

Courtney is 10 months old and loves her food....

today went

7oz bottle
1 weetabix with a little cows milk
for lunch- 2 slices of wholemeal bread with humous, a whole banana, a cheese slice and a few crisps
dinner- chicken carrot potato etc
bottle before bed!

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back