How much do you spend on gas/electric/water?

tinkerbelle93

2 little boys :)
Reaction score
Just wondering what UK ladies spend on gas/electric and water per month with what size house and how many people? We're moving into our own place again after living with my parents for a year and I cannot seem to remember how much the bills cost ect last time. X

Gas and electricity combined is 110 per month and water is £15 a month

£20 gas, £42 electric and £43 water per month. We are a family of 4 but our gas and water usage is lower than average.

Water is £42.00, gas and electric are about £150pm, I have a two bed end terraced house.

Can I ask is peoples water in their council tax?
And I pay £71 for my gas and electricity

Water is a fixed £60 a month, We pay roughly £60 for electric and £60 for gas, our electric is 100% renewable energy.

We pay Wessex water directly, the council is not involved in any way.

About £400 😳😐

Quite large 4 bed house, 3 reception rooms. 2 adults, 5 kids.

50 water. 60 electric.

Gas can vary greatly as we haven't got round to changing onto monthly (the house has one of those card meters) every month I mean to do it but I begrudge paying 150 for the privilege ahaha.

SO in summer can be as low as 20 for the month
WInter as high as twenty a week.

3 bed terrace family of four. Someone is always home so I suspect that is why the electric is high

Electric is around £30 a month. Gas maybe £60 a month in winter, less in summer.

Water I think 35, electricity 30 ( used to be £20 before sucky baby, washer on constantly now!) and gas is 15-20 in summer and 30-50 in winter. Council tax is separate to water in England and we are band A so ninety something a month. I think in Scotland water is included in council tax though right?

Gas and electric combined- £38
Water- £30

We live in a 2 bed terraced house. 2 adults, 1 child

water £25
gas and electric £70 combined.
3 bedrooms,me DH, a lodger

It will depend I think on whether you have a water meter (we have one and its £20 a month it sounds counter inituitive but spending what you use really does save money)

And the type of boiler - we have just had to have a brand new combi boiler and our gas usage per day has gone down by a third - last year we were spending £130 a month combined on gas and electric but next time we renew I reckon that will go down to £110

We are a three bed semi where people are in pretty much constantly (I either work from home or my parents look after the kids from my house)

New build three bed semi (more economical as better insulated) gas and electricity £68 per month and we're in £60 credit currently ready for winter. Water £40 but also in credit there. Two adults two children.

Water is part of the council tax.

I pay around £40 for gas and £25-30 for electricity. I spend more on gas coz I'm always cold and have the heating on a lot. That's for a 2 bedroom semi-detached house with me and Ollie.

We pay £70-120pm for gas & electric depending on Summer/Winter.

Water is £45pm (fixed)

Council tax £140pm for Band B (I think we're Band B anyway)

1930s 3 bed semi here. Council tax is £131 a month over 10 months, water £50 a month (not on a meter) and my direct debit for gas and electricity is £88 a month. I have about £300 in credit though which I'm leaving for over winter and I'll request a refund of the rest in the spring. I'm with Ovo and get interest on my credit balance so I just treat it like extra savings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->