How much does storage cost?

tinkerbelle93

2 little boys :)
Reaction score
For furniture and stuff? Considering moving back in with my parents for around six-ish months give or take. Does anyone know what the best way to go around getting things stored and how much money it costs?

Get a quote from a few local storage companies - it varies a lot depending on the company, where you are in the country, size of unit and how long you want it for.

Consider the value of what you're storing vs the cost. My dad was renting a storage space for loads of junk and Christmas decorations etc, he was spending £150 a month and had been using it over a year when we found out. The stuff in there probably would've cost less than £300 to replace if he'd thrown it all out and bought again later! Obviously furniture is more valuable but if squeezing in a few inexpensive bits means the difference between a small or large unit it might be better to throw out/give away the lower cost items.

I was actually researching this the other day. As we're looking to put our house on the market. So I was looking to de-clutter. They were all priced around £28 a week in my area. I decided not to bother in the end!

Yeah it really depends. If you google storage rental + your town it'll come up with a few places and you can ring them and see what they can do.

we have a storage container (like a ships container - so it's water tight) that we pay about £30 a month for.
My parents used to rent a garage off the council for about £25 a month.

I paid £25/w when I last moved house :flower: (North Shropshire)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->