How much does your weekly food shop come to?

Erised

Mummy to amazing girls
Reaction score
Oops! Can you tell I usually only read girly sanctuary? If I had spend just a few seconds reading this section of the forum I would have noticed an exact same thread just a few posts below! Sorry ladies

I'm just putting together our weekly food shop with Tesco, and I'm hating every second of it. Where I used to spend £50 for a full weekly shop with meat for every other day and fruit + snacks I can now only get the bare minimum. I really do mean bare minimum. I haven't added *any* snacks or fruit, Eleanor hasn't got any of her snacks (dried fruit), no meat in this shop either (relying on what I have in the freezer). Everything with the exception of 2 or 3 items is tescos own, or even value brand.

I honestly tried to get the price down this week, as I wanted to add some food for over the Christmas period. Yet, somehow, I ended up getting even less for my money than usual. I haven't put the order in yet, as just 3 meals a day + drinks and toilet paper has come up to £50 already. Not willing to pay that without looking around. Will check Asda in a bit, much as I love Tesco. DH hasn't got time to go food shopping, so buying in the shops is out of the question and delivery is required.

So, how much do you usually spend per week on your food shop? If less than £50, what the hell am I doing wrong?

its usually about 70-80 but this week we worked really hard to get it down and it came to 56. have u tried making dinner for 2 nights? we do that most of the time now, like a big pot of curry or a stew and have it the day after as well (tastes better the day after anyway)

Without nappies we can get ours down to £35 but the only meat we eat is chicken So we just buy jars/sauces to go with the chicken!
We used to spend £80ish a week but realised most of that was on junk-our bank balance was shrinking and our bellies gaining!

I have to have organic meat though :(

I dont think we buy much rubbish at all. I am just really into nice food! x

We just get Asda frozen chicken breasts,a bag will last us a week I big bag of potatoes from this man who sells them in his van by mcdonalds! You can do so much with potatoes! I don't think we eat too badly-we eat everything we want even with our shopping being that low

just realised our shopping is £40-45 a week we also buy gammon bacon and mince-this is only recent as up until recently I've been too fussy with meat

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->