How Much Exp Milk for my LO

sixzigma

Reaction score
I leave for work at 7am and get back by 2 noon.I Express about 7 oz each day for the time I am at work .
My LO is a lil over three months old .So is this 7 oz really sufficient for the seven hours ?(btw- He poops about 3-4 times a day).And for the rest of the day he latches on and feeds every 1.5-2 hrs( a snacker).
should i be pumping more than 7 oz ? I really dont want him to stay hungry/thirsty

Yes, you should aim to leave about 1-1.25oz per hour you're gone, so 7 oz for 7 hours is great. Even if it's less than he would like, he'll make it up by nursing more when you're together. Better than dipping into your freezer stash or something to offer more than you can pump, if you intend to BF long term.

How's he doing so far with the 7oz you are sending?

How often/for how long are you pumping at work? Do your breasts feel empty after you pump?

his nanny says he isnt fussy through that seven hours and doesnt always use up the 7 oz (given as 1 oz each hour) so mostly ther are days when he has only 6 oz .I dont pump at office (the schedule doesnt permit me to ) but as soon as get back home I pump and get 6-8 Oz from both sides in 15-20 minutes.I have been sceptic about storing in the freezer but think i should start doing it since I plan to BF atleast till LO is 12-15 months .He had doubled his birth weight at 10 weeks -now he is 13 weeks old and I am back at work so am worried if its taking a toll on his nutrition.

Where do you live? There may be laws protecting your right to pump at work. It sounds like everything is great for now, but I worry that your supply may decrease long term if you can't pump or feed for 7+ hours on a regular basis.

It may help if you make sure to pump until empty if you're not doing so already. For many women that takes longer than 15-20 minutes. If you are leaving milk in your breasts, that is a signal to make less next time.

India
No no ther are no such laws .Its just that my work schedule is really really hectic .

Thats some info, good lord how am i gonna deal with that now.I hope my supply doesnt drop ..atleast not in the next 2 months , cause by 6 months I might introduce him to solids (if he is willing ).

Does fennel , barley, oats et al really help with the supply ??

I haven't found them to help but they do help for many women. Fenugreek is another one. :hugs: Sounds like a tough situation. Just keep doing your best and hopefully it will be just fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->