How much for Carpets?

highhopes19

Reaction score
Hi everyone :flower:

Not sure if I'm being a tight arse :haha: but we've just had someone round and gave us a quote for carpeting our bedroom and the landing and stairs (small landing - 2 bedroom house I'll add pic later if I remember to give rough idea of size)

Never had to worry about carpeting before but he's quoted us £480 for the bedroom and stairs... Is that good or bad :shrug:

I'm debating whether to buy the carpet off ebay (seen some with good reviews) and get it laid by my other half and his friend (his friend laid all the carpets in his house) it will be a fraction of the cost

Is £480 a good price for that? Should say that does include underlay, gripping and door bars

:blush:

Thanks in advance

I think that's high, I was quoted 150 for our stairs and landing :)

All depends on the price of square foot for the carpet u have picked. It's not a bad price as stairs can be expensive

I think it depends on the carpet and underlay quality but that's pretty good I would say.
You could measure your room and go into a carpet shop and do a comparison.
Xx

Thankyou :) I think it seems really high he came out to us when we lived at the flat and quoted us £500 for the whole flat and our front room was mahoosive! It was the same measurement as the whole carpet needed here for 2 rooms!

I'm thinking of buying it all and laying it ourself for a fraction of the cost other Halfs friend said he would lay it for us for nothing xx

I would say it was a decent price depending on the quality of carpet + underlay. We paid £240 for an offcut + fitting for a really thick pile carpet for our bedroom 3×4.5m)

We had our stairs and landing done last weekend. We only have a small landing and it came in at £220 which was fitted and all. It's good quality carpet. Unless your bedroom is huge, I would say your quote is a little high. Maybe more like £400??

I'd say that's a little high. I was quoted around £200 for my LO's bedroom with underlay, it is quite a long bedroom, pretty big. I can't imagine the stairs would of cost me another £200? I'd shop about. I'd say more like £350 depending on how big your bedroom and landing is.

When I moved in to my house 3 and a half years ago, I got the whole house (3 floors, 4 bed) carpeted and fitted for about £1100. I didn't get underlay (oops!) but the carpet is tough enough that it still looks fine all this time later with two very boisterous dogs using it.

I paid £250 just for our bedroom and kids bedroom

If depends on the carpet I guess. I paid £120 last year for stairs, tiny landing and tiny hallway area. The carpet isn't the best but it's what I could afford. I'd have said thanks but no thanks at that price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->