How much force is to much defending your home?

lesleyann

Mummy
Reaction score
After reading another story where someone is arrested for defending their property and family inside, i got to thinking what would you do if someone broke into your home? How much force should be allowed?

I mean the following story states 4 men broke into this house with one believed to of had a knife, i think if 4 blokes broke into my home with just me, my oh and our son here i would back my partner for whatever force he felt needed to protect us from them.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepa...urglar-is-stabbed-to-death-at-their-home.html

:flower:

They are basically saying that reasonable force will allow you to defend your home if your put in a situation where you think your family is at risk. So if you come downstairs and you see a man and he comes towards you your allowed to use reasonable force be it hitting, punching, whatever... However if you come down and the man is trying to run away and you attack him from behind thats not reasonable force because he isnt a threat to you.

But my opinion would be that they broke the law to break in so why should they be allowed to use the law to their advantage when they are attacked. They entered a home that didnt belong to them to take stuff that didnt belong to them so what gives them the right to use a law they were willing to break.
Reasonable force to me would be whacking him really hard with a lamp! Lol

See if i was home alone i think i would grab the heavist thing close to me and just hit them without even thinking more than likey as an automatic instinct, it just seems so wrong i mean in the suns story the homeowners never leftthe guy to die the other robbers carryied him out and dumped him, yet the homeowner is being tryied for murder

Well it all depends on the judge and jury.

Its amazing how they think they are allowed to break the law and then use the law to their advantage!

I would follow the rules that our soldiers use - Equal retaliation.

So if i was punched by a burglar, i would punch them back.
If he wielded a knife at Harrison, i would castrate him with a blunt pallet knife and then pour vinegar on the wound.

And so on.

I would follow the rules that our soldiers use - Equal retaliation.

So if i was punched by a burglar, i would punch them back.
If he wielded a knife at Harrison, i would castrate him with a blunt pallet knife and then pour vinegar on the wound.

And so on.

I agree with this!!

Your home is your home. It worries me that people can just enter when they feel like it (with force of course!)
I honestly don't know what I would do in that situation. My Dad always used to say the minute someone stepped foot on the stairs he was threatening me and my brother. I guess this meant he would do 'something' about the burglar. If you know what I mean!!

I think that if somebody broke into my house, you would act on instinct, we are all evolved from animals and if somebody invades an animals habitat they react, which is what we would do on instinct, it is innate! x

I dont get a lot of the laws in this country

If someone brakes into my house, I would like to think I could protect my family and things. And if the thief got hurt well who cares he really shouldnt have been there in the first place

Oh and I would definatley use my full force to protect my children if I was attacked. I personally think good on that fella for using full force, the same as that farmer did a few years ago and shot that burglar! x

Oh and I would definatley use my full force to protect my children if I was attacked. I personally think good on that fella for using full force, the same as that farmer did a few years ago and shot that burglar! x

I agree

If someone entered my home, threatning me or my child i would use whatever force necassay to protect us. What happened with that farmer years ago was ridiculous.

<3

I would use whatever force necessary, and if i felt that my families life were in iminent danger i wouldnt hesitate to stab/shoot someone if it came down to the wire.

I read this story and it really pissed me off.

Why the hell is this poor man being prosecuted? Its the bloody theif's fault. He had no right to be in their home, no right to try and steal their possessions, that family felt threatened of course they're going to attack.

If someone broke into my home when only my Gran and I were home and I was feeling threatened I wouldn't think twice about picking up a kitchen knife. Stab or be stabbed, I know which I would prefer. How dare they :growlmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->