How much formula does your 5 mounth old have

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, my son is 5 months old and up until recently he was having 6oz every 3 hrs, 3 weeks ago he got a cold and that knocked his feeding all over the place, after that he had his injections which also disrupted his feeding then after that he got another cold and is currently left with a hacking cough he cant seem to shift. I am lucky if I get 4oz down him in one go at the mo, he was on 30oz a day now its more like 25oz. He was born at 6lb 6oz and went down to the bottom centile line, after a few months we got him up to the 2nd centile line. I know it doesn't matter where on the chart they are as long as the follow that line. We are so worried hes gonna drop off the chart now. Is 25oz a day enough :cry:

Please can someone give me some advice, ive been asking this question for a week or so now and nobody seems to be able to help, prob my fault putting it in wrong places :dohh:

My LG is having 6oz bottles every 2.5 hours between 4.30am and 6pm but she's a little glutton on the 85th percentile since birth.

Are you feeding on demand or to a schedule? It might be worth trying to feed to schedule for a little while, if his feeding dropped off then his stomach may have shrunk a little. According to the formula guides he should be having about 35oz a day so if you can get another feed in there you'll be nearly at that amount.

You might also try changing the temp of the bottle, my LG drinks them room temp usually but if she's off her milk I will warm it which she seems to prefer.

When DD was that age she was drinking x4 7oz bottles in a 24hr period so she was only having 28oz and even then she sometimes didn't drink it all. It's never harmed her only having 4 bottles a day and she was content.

We do schedule feed every 3-4 hours mainly because she only wakes up around 9am and has her last feed at 8pm, so I try to squeeze them in. Even now when weaning I schedule feed.

I wouldn't get too hung up, as long as he is putting on weight, he will let you know if he needs more :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->