How much in each size

Mummy to be x

The 4 of us...♡
Reaction score
Hi ladies.

I've started to wash babies clothes today, now I'm not too bothered about proper outfits just yet. My main priority is the onesies/sleep suits, vests.

How many of each do you have in each size?

I've just looked through mine while popping them in the wash and I've mainly all new born and to be honest, not that many, maybe 8 or 9!

I'm definitely going to have to head out and grab some more. I can't quite remember how much of what I had with my daughter.

Help me ladies :winkwink:

Im going by idea baby will be in newborn for 2/3w so really dont need many. Ive bought more upto 1 month.

I had 7 of everything in newborn for Sophie. 7 sleepsuits, 7 pairs of mittens etc. I'm not sure why I settled on that number! She was born in November which is the last month of spring here so quite hot and she was usually naked under a swaddle anyway.

She was 7lbs 15oz and was in newborn until she weighed about 10-11lbs. So about 4-6 weeks.

Following because I'm interested too! I believe we have plenty of sleepers but the onesies is what I'm worried we'll never have enough of:haha:

I got quite a bit of 0-3 month, because sometimes when they're born they're nearly out of newborn. So I figure 0-3 month is the best with a few sleepers, but mostly just onesies.

My LO is two weeks old and was born at 7 lb 3 oz, he's still swimming in some of his newborn sleepers. It really depends on the size of babies you have. I bought 7 sleepers and wish I would have bought a few more, he's always spitting up on them or peeing on them. A few more pieces of clothing means less time I'm spending doing the laundry.

I am struggling with this too. Both my boys were born big (8&9lbs). I was told to expect another 8lb+ baby this time at last appointment. 8lbs means baby will not be in newborn much more than a week but what if she is born early!?! I've had quite a few scares, carrying VERY low this whole time, and a lot more pain with this one than with the other two.
so I've not washed anything yet but I'm afraid that I don't have enough of newborn clothes (plenty 0-3).

I think that's probably all I had for both boys. If you find you need more you can alwYs grab more once he's here. And I wash everyday so I never ran out.

Ds was 6lb 12 born so this time ive got a range of newborn and 0-3. Roughly the same amount of each possibly a few more newborn vests. I can always go shopping once he's born. I Haven't started washing yet but I so badly want to!

So I truly have no clue either. But I figure 8-9 would be a minimum. (I definitely don't have that yet. I have about 5 newborn probably 10 0-3 and a few here and ther for larger sizes. I was told numerous times baby is measuring really large (so why bother with newborn stuff). Granted my mw is thinking just average now. We don't know the gender so I figure once we know we will 1- get more clothes from relatives and 2-can always go get more.

For reference though for cloth diapers they recommend 20 diapers if you wash every other day. So if you figure out of those baby is likely to soil 4 of them. Then if you don't want to wash everyday 8 would be a minimum.

Just my thoughts.

I have some newborn but plenty of 0-3 & 3-6. When I look at the newborn it looks soo tiny. I know for my first ds he couldn't fit most newborn clothes, so he went straight into 0-3 months. Doctors say this one is a big one so I'm banking on 0-3 and up lol.

My daughter drowned in new born i had to send my mum out for tiny baby, I may just grab one tiny baby outfit incase.

I just bought alot of 0-3 stuff, mostly onesies and sleepers. I only did this because we don't have a w/d here at our apartment, and even now, with him being 12 days old, I haven't had a chance to go to the laundry mat (hopefully tomorrow).

I have some nb things, and almost wish I had bought more, but I honestly thought he'd be a bit heavier than he was. And even with some of the nb stuff he swims in it, so it's almost like I need premie clothes.

I have a few tiny baby, about 10 newborn the same up to one month and far too many 0-3. I got all mine out last night and don't have room for it all now :wacko:

I'm actually keeping the tags on anything new that I've bought because I have no idea what size she will be and ds was straight into 0-3.
I've not bought any nb but I did get some up to 1 month.
My friend has given me a bin bag full of clothes which has some newborn bits.
Xx

I think my children are on the narrower side! DS2 currently weighs 7lb 8oz at 2wks and he is wearing tiny baby an early baby clothes. Next's First Size should fit based on his weight but are massive across his chest. The neck ends up in his mouth! :) DS1 was bigger and he wore tiny baby for the first few weeks. A lot of newborn clothes are intended for babies who weigh around 10lbs. DS1 was bigger and broader but he wasn't that weight until 10/12 wks.

Anyway, I think around 7-10 of each item is enough to start you off.

My daughter drowned in new born i had to send my mum out for tiny baby, I may just grab one tiny baby outfit incase.

Yea its always good to have a few newborn stuff jus to be on the safe side I swear the preparation we go thru to get ready for our lil ones 👶

my daughter was 8lbs4 so didn't fit in newborn for longer than a week or two, getting more 0-3 things this time!

My daughter was born 11 days ago at 8 lbs. 6 oz. and the newborn stuff still has room for her to grow! If you don't plan on doing baby laundry everyday, I'd have at least 6-8 of both onesies and long sleeve/pant PJs.

One item I find myself wishing I had more of: PJs/long sleeve onesies that have the little cuff to fold over their hands (in place of mittens - you can see she's wearing one in the pic in my signature). My baby was scratching and pinching at her face from birth and will work her mittens off even...the cuff sleeves work great and I'm constantly washing the two or three outfits that I have with them.

I've assumed one babygrow/vest per day so have brought 15 of each (as the ones i've brought have been in 3 packs) I have brought First size/Newborn Upto 1 month and 0-3 months. Might buy a jacket but don't see the point as can't use it in a car seat and the pram has a cocoon that will keep baby warm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->