How much in each size

My daughter was born 11 days ago at 8 lbs. 6 oz. and the newborn stuff still has room for her to grow! If you don't plan on doing baby laundry everyday, I'd have at least 6-8 of both onesies and long sleeve/pant PJs.

One item I find myself wishing I had more of: PJs/long sleeve onesies that have the little cuff to fold over their hands (in place of mittens - you can see she's wearing one in the pic in my signature). My baby was scratching and pinching at her face from birth and will work her mittens off even...the cuff sleeves work great and I'm constantly washing the two or three outfits that I have with them.

good to know! My last (ds#2) was born 9 lbs and wasn't in newborn much more than a week! I was worried about this little girl! I can't remember anything about sizes with ds#1 as it was nearly 10 years ago and he was 8lbs.
I guess I need some more newborn! I also love the ones with the fold over cuffs for mittens. I do remember both of my boys clawed their faces from early on.

I have been thinking about this for #2 because, with #1 my midwife kept saying what a big baby I was having and I stocked up on 0-3month onsies/sleepers and barely any newborn. Well ds was 7lbs3oz and drowned in 0-3 month, absolutely needed NB size for about a month. He was hardly huge! So I guess it's best to have a range of each, keep tags on NB if you are worried baby will be too big. But you can always order online or shop after baby comes, that is what we had to do last round! Hopefully this time I have enough of each NB/0-3month that I don't HAVE to do laundry daily. I'm shooting for 8-10 each, there is a lot of pooping/peeing/spit up in the early days :)

oh and we clothed with ds and it seemed we could never have enough diapers! The more the merrier and you can always use the cloths for rags when you're through.

My LO left the hospital at 6 lbs 7oz..he put weight on quickly but was still fitting NB at 6-7 weeks. We had to pick more up because he had a tendancy to go through 3-5 outfits a day. It eased up once he finally fit into his cloth diapers but for awhile I was running laundry every single day. I would pick up enough to get through a few days (assume baby will be changed a lot) and have someone ready to go get more once you know how big baby is so you can get the right size.

Hey Ive got a bit less than you but along similar lines. 1 jacket, 6 sleepsuits, 3 short sleeved vests & 5 long sleeved vests x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->