How much longer after bloody show?

proxy bump

Reaction score
So I had my bloody show this morning or well...found it this morning (really gross) so a few people I know went into labor two days later, I want to know some of your guys' thoughts and opinions.

Is this really close to the start?

Think it can be as long as a piece of string.

I had mine on Sunday night/Monday and I'm still sat here waiting :(

Fingers crossed for you :)

I had mine after my first sweep at 39 weeks and had him 2 weeks later. I continued to have a bloody show on and off over 2 weeks so it depends on individuals I'm afraid.

I had a fair amount of brown discharge yesterday and today i think all of my plug must have gone amongst my contractions...if there's any more to come out i'll be amazed!

I had some really strong BH today while getting ready for my drs appointment. Sadly, they said I was still at one cm and offered to induce but I opted out since I do not want to have my baby at their hospital. Sigh.

Start walking as much as you can and have sex! That should get things going if you've already experienced this and are ready to go.

Ive been walking around all day since we're in town and stopping to see everyone, lol.
My back hurts and my pelvis hurts when I walk. Plan on going up and down my stairs at home for a bit then switch to my yoga ball then back and forth. I was so excited over that bloody chunk of ick, I was so sure I was at least two cm dilated. So needless im feeling pretty defeated. Id like to avoid induction unless absolutly needed. They wanted to schedule me for an ultrasound for next week but apparently was booked so im waiting for them the call me and let me know when they can see me again. Hopefully ill have him before then, i dont know whats been going on lately but their quality has went down dramatically. Im thinking possibly understaffed. A lady who was in the waiting room with me was still sitting out there when I was leaving an hour later.

I don't recall losing any plug with my DD, with DS it was the only way I knew I was actually in labor. I had prelabor for weeks so when it came out I was already in active labor. Seems this little one is following in his brothers footstep .

It hurts to walk and my pelvis seems to be cramping something terrible if I move to quick or the wrong way.

I hope this is it for you!! My sciatic nerve has been killing me lately. My legs gave way earlier. Sooo ready!

It sucks that all these signs mean nothing doesn't it?! It's a tad infuriating :p

I went in to pre term this time around again and they stopped it- gave me meds to take home and delay contractions. I got braxton hicks all the time with both pregnancies so they don't mean a whole lot to me. But I have been getting toooons since Saturday. I got checked yesterday and I was at 3cm 50% effaced with baby engaged. I am having some contractions on and off... The frustrating part is that I hoped that would mean something... But it doesn't!!!! :( apparently that can happen for weeks before anything goes on. I do want my girl to be in there until at least Saturday when I turn 36w but I got a steroid shot while in the hospital to help her lungs. My dr says I won't last much longer but idk... This is the most frustrating part of being pregnant!!!!

I hope you get that baby out soon!!! Nipple stimulation is supposed to be one of the best things to help kick start contractions! That and orgasms. So have your man get on it!!! ;D

I just lost a bit more plug. I hope this is the start, both sides of my pelvis feel like they're being crushed so needless to say I dont want to move around but im trying to make myself anyway. Im surprised that im losing so much plug with only being a cm dilated. Im scared of induction the care center I go to is part of a shoddy hospital that despite my numerous attempts to tell them, still believe im going to have my son there. Part of me wants to just pack up and head to my hospital of choice with the pain and see what they say. Lol

I have no idea what im doing.

Just relax! Stress can delay labour and you don't need to worry yourself!! It'll all be okie :3 do what you feel is right!

Sleep would be nice. Lol
Totally passed out during my bath earlier (thought itd help with the pain) but lo and behold I cant sleep in bed. Im trying not to stress, easier said than done I guess lol

More plug just a moment ago, though smaller and clear. Sigh. Whoever said pregnancy was a magical time for women was obviously on drugs or had never been pregnant. (Dont get me wrong I love my little man more than anything)

https://www.givingbirthwithconfidence.org/p/bl/et/blogaid=1131

I just found this method for myself since I too am waiting to move in to transition.

It's called the purple line. It's a non invasive method for checking dilation! I hope it helps you out a bit!!

There was actually a thread all about that. There was a bunch of us trying to get good shots of our bums, lol.

For some, yes! Lol
I dont think I can contort myself to look or ask SO to look, heh. It helped give us all a giggle though.

My hubby said he didn't see one and I couldn't make it out for myself so I guess I am without one ;(

How's your progress this am?

Cramping. It still hurts to walk. SO had to help me into bed last night and I needed tylenol pms to sleep. Thought I was leaking slowly but I think just were hes sitting he was pressed on my bladder. Oops, lol.

How are you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"