How much meat is too much meat?!

Pearls18

Reaction score
So this is the first Christmas we are staying home just the 4 of us, I am coming up with a meal plan.

Christmas Eve: waffles, bacon and syrup for breakfast, out for lunch and beef Wellington for dinner.

Xmas day: turkey dinner with turkey rolls for tea

Boxing Day: cold meats but I will be buying and cooking joints for this, not leftovers.

So for all this I am looking at getting bacon (for sides too), a pre-made Beef Wellington (one of the ones you order from the shop), 2 turkey crowns (I tend to buy smaller ones rather than one big one if that makes sense) a beef joint and a gammon joint....I've worked this out to be about £70 for 3 days worth of meat! Is this a bit crazy, will we get gout?!

Haha you'll be fine with no risk of gout over the festive period. £70 seems about right for the supermarket but you'll have plenty of cold meats left over. My butcher has some amazing deals over Christmas so we usually take advantage of those. May be worth checking out your local butcher.

Yeah that's a good idea actually, I work in Norfolk so I suppose I should take advantage of that for the turkey!

I think thats about right! Were not huge meat eaters so we just have a 3 bird roast on the day but Im also thinking about doing a gammon this year too! Xx

You can never have too much meat :haha: we had a 4kg turkey for 4 adults and 1 toddler last year. Was amaizing

We went crazy last year and wasted so much. I don't eat red meat so a turkey is enough for me, OH loves lamb and beef but he isn't getting both so can choose.

Christmas day we plan the traditional roast but we had so much left over last year so taking it easy this year as just us four.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->