How much milk for a 2 yr old

porkpie1981

Reaction score
Im still giving my wee boy 3 drinks of milk a day and i think its juts over a pint. Im thing of dropping the lunchtime one so it would just be underr 1 pint. Is that ok or do they still need 1 full pint. Im also thinking that he gets yogarts and cheese so theres calcium there also

I think you will be fine to drop that bottle, my son has one in morning and one at nite and has done for bout a year x

Kacy has no milk what so ever, ever since i have got rid of her bottle when she was a year and a half she just hasn't been interested.

I think you will be fine to drop one hun

It is recommended that they have a pint of full cream milk a day until they are 5, however, cheese and yogurts will count towards calcium intake so you'll be okay if you want to drop the lunch one.

Can I ask why you want to drop it though? Charlie loves his milk and often asks for a cup of milk. It's his favorite drink. He has about 2 pints a day and I don't see a problem with that. He's getting loads of nourishment and calcium from it, and he loves it, so thats a bonus.

I would only drop it if you find its interfering with his meals. Joe was on 3 until a month or so back but then he started to not his dinner in the evening :dohh: so we dropped the afternoon milk and hes been great since :)

My daughter has about one-two glasses a day...but with cheese, and yoghurt that's enough dairy! :)

:shrug: my first daughter stopped the bottle at 9-11 months ( at her own choice she just would never take it) and hardly drinks milk now only if its in ceral or a milkshake! Not much of a milk drinker! So im sure it will be fine :)

Ken drinks a half pint of milk at daytime and other half pint at night time.Depending on the amount of solid food he intakes. The more solid food he eats, the lesser he drinks milk or the lesser solid food he eats, the more he drinks milk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->