How much milk should a 7 month old be having?

porkypig

Reaction score
She's on 3 solid meals a day but depending on when she has a nap she sometimes misses the mid morn or afternoon milk. How much should she be having? She still wakes in the night for a bottle, she's only slept through a couple of times ( 8-5:30) maybe I'm doing something wrong??? X:cry:

My LO has just turned 7 months she has 4-5 bottles of 7oz a day including the one she has during the night

A normal day is usually like this

7.30 - 8.00 am wakes and has a bottle
10am she has some toast or porridge
12.00 lunch which is usually a ham sandwich and some fruit
After lunch she will have a bottle then has a nap
She usually wakes about 3 and has a snack
4pm will have a bottle
6pm dinner
8.30 bottle and bed then usually wakes between 1-4 for another bottle
Some times she will sleep through sometimes she won't

Oh I'm sure you aren't doing anything wrong. I know we all feel like that though! I know my son around 8 months ish really dropped his milk as his good really increased.
I think it's around 500ml a day but that can be in porridge or pasta sauce etc which is what I had to do as he was so in to food!

My little boy has around 30oz (7x 5oz) he is 9 months now. My eldest was on around 20oz at that age though. They are all different

Leo has 3 x 7oz bottles per day. It's sometimes a struggle to get his afternoon one in him as he's always so busy these days and just wants to be in the move and exploring! His day looks something like this.

7am - 7oz bottle
9am - breakfast
9.30ish - Nap for about an hour to 90 mins
11ish - snack of fruit, rice cake, breadsticks, cheese straws etc with water
12.30ish - lunch usually a sandwich, pitta or homemade savoury muffin with cucumber, carrot, tomatoes followed by fruit
Afternoon nap is usually taken anywhere between 1 and 2pm after that he's offered 7oz of milk.
5pm - dinner is whatever is on the menu for us. Tonight he's got chicken casserole with mashed potatoes, but could have spaghetti, omelette anything really! Usually followed by sugar free yoghurt or rice pudding.
6.30 - goes for story, bath and 7oz bottle, usually asleep by 7.15

He's not taken milk in the night since he was around 2-3 months except for occasions when he's been poorly and needed the extra fluid. My HV told me as long as they are having around 500ml and you are offering other types of diary they'll be fine!

I don't see you are doing nothing wrong each baby is an individual and does things their own way much like adults!

My ds is almost 8 months and ever since he was 6 months he has been on this schedule:

5-6 am: 7oz bottle
8-9 am: Fruit mixed with cereal with a 4oz bottle
10 am: 1hr Nap
1-2 pm: Veggie and Fruit with a 4oz bottle
2 pm: Nap 1hr Nap
5-6 pm: Veggie and Fruit mixed with Cereal with juice
7:30 pm: Bedtime
9-10pm: Wakes up for last 7oz bottle for the night
routine starts all over.... He stays on this routine and boy is he stuck on it.

He will try anything and if we have mash potatoes, baked potatoes, fries(he loves to chew on them with his gums) Sweet potatoes, etc. But my poor baby has not one single tooth yet!!

It says in Annabel Karmels book a baby around this age should be having 500-600ml a day of milk. At one yr old they drop to 300ml a day. My LO has dropped her mid morning bottle now and only has 3 bottles a day. She doesnt have a night feed anymore, she dropped that around 6.5-7mths. Shes hit and miss whether or not she wants her mid afternoon bottle and i have toyed with the idea of stopping it but the HV said no just carry on even if shes only taking a couple of ozs. Dont forget all the yogurt, milk in the food, cheese, butter etc all counts towards their milk intake. I have replaced her mid morning bottle with a petit filous and a drink of water from her sippy cup.

My baby also has a night feed. I dunno whats normal or right, i just feed her however much it seems like she wants. Shes almost 7 months and has 6 bottles of 6oz per day.. one of which is a night feed. She also has 3 solid meals per day. My girl also sometimes misses the mid morning/afternoon one, or only has a few oz. But even if she drains 5 6oz bottles, she will USUALLY still have a night one. We do get a few 12 hour sleep throughs out of her, but nothing regular.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->