how much milk??

_Lexi_

Mummy to 1 perfect angel and a 6yr old daughter
Reaction score
My oh has paid for me and my mum to go on a spa day. I'll be leaving about 8am and home by about 7pm. I've got some milk in the freezer, but not a huge amount. I used to be able to pump 4-6oz, but now I'm lucky if I get 0.5-1oz :( I have no idea how much milk she's going to need during that time. I'll feed her just before I leave and as soon as I get in. She will reluctantly take a bottle, but I'm worried my oh won't have enough for her :( he's never looked after her on his own for more than 2 hours, so I'm nervous how he's going to cope, especially as she loves boob for comfort. We're almost at 6 months with no formula and I don't want her to have it now just because I didn't leave enough :( anyone have an idea how much a 6 month old needs at a time??x

The guide I roughly 1oz per hour you're away. I would try to leave a little more but if she doesn't eat much I'm sure she will make up for it when you get home Enjoy x

We advise 1.5oz per hour to ensure you have enough though more likely to take nearer to 1oz per hour.

Oh, phew, I've got about 30oz in the freezer, so should be fine fingers crossed!! Thank you!! Bit of a trial for how I am away from her. My oh wants to take me to Edinburgh in January to go see the pandas at the zoo. But that will be two days and 1 night. Best I get pumping!!x

My daughter would take 3-4oz every couple of hours but sometimes wanted an extra 1-2 oz (so sometimes a 6oz feed). I know this because my MIL had to watch my daughter before I had surgery in August. She was just starting solids as well and would take a half jar of baby food once a day.

My daughter nurses mainly during the day though and sleeps through the night so that might make a difference :shrug:

She's been on solids for about a month (after crap advise from health visitor). She has porridge in the morning, then she has half a jar if baby food/homemade equivalent and half a jar of pudding. Sleepung through the night has never happened. She wakes every 2 hours :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->