How much processed food to you give your LO? Be honest please!!!

Pasta with jarred sauce
Cheese
Fromage frais
Bread/buns
Cereal-but whole grain/non sugary ones

Other than that, I try to make everything myself.
Luckily, LO loves veggies and fruits, so it's not difficult to cut some up for him to eat. The only trouble I have is trying to get him to eat meat sometimes. But he eats enough that I haven't resorted to the processed foods just yet. Usually I'll always make sure that I have some leftovers handy, because OH and I eat processed foods quite a few times a week, and I don't want LO to eat them.

Katie has a mix.

She gets her 5 a day and her milk and dairy.

So tbh i dont see processed food as a problem.

But i do draw the line at SuperNoodles and Pot Noodle, they are :sick:

V xxx

I don't think processed foods are all bad... cheese, for example, is a fairly important source of calcuim, especially for growing children. Baked beans also are a wonderful source of fibre, protein and vegetable... the only problem with them is the salt/ sugar content (hence why we buy the low salt/ sugar ones). Things like fishfingers can be great if you buy the very best quality ones. I also can't see much wrong with good quality wholemeal bread, as long as it's not their only source of carbohydrate. We like the St. Dalfour jam too!

There is a difference between good quality processed food and junk imo.

Probably a lot, Brooke eats anything and everything, be it fruit & veg or Mac Donalds ... IMO as long as she has a varied diet, then a bit of processed stuff isnt going to do any harm

Katie has a mix.

She gets her 5 a day and her milk and dairy.

So tbh i dont see processed food as a problem.

But i do draw the line at SuperNoodles and Pot Noodle, they are :sick:

V xxx

I LOVE supernoodles :blush: and I have passed that addiction on to Dec, he asks for them all the time and when asked what his fav food is his reply will always be supernoodles :dohh: He will get them maybe 2-3 times a months :blush:

Oh, amelie has loads haha. Her lunches at nursery are all homemade but eff making everything from scratch :\ She has sweets sometimes and crisps but also things like crackers, oatcakes, cheese.. all processed :\

cereal, bread, sauces, yogurt, cheese, the occasional cereal bar, crackers, popcorn(not sure if thats processed).

I try not to buy too much processed stuff if I can help it. I'm not the best cook but I am learning. I was a huge processed food eater before Emma came along. So I'm completely changing my lifestyle because I don't want her growing up eating junk. My cabinets are pretty much bare because I completely stay out of boxed food aisles at the store. I try to shop only around the outer rim when I go. :D

Connah has fish fingers and sometimes smileys but i usually make my own chips/chicken dippers etc
We do use sauces from packets/jars and he does have the odd bag of crisps.

I wouldnt say that we totally avoid it but i like us to be as healthy as possible.

We have started eating more healthy food recently as i just cant stomach processed foods atm...hoping it will stay this way afterwards though!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->