How much room do you need for a baby?

Fly

newly knocked up with #2!
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is waiting to move house before they TTC?

We have a three bedroomed house - one for me and OH, one for DD and one for a home study - I work at home so this is essential (it's just a box room)

Mine and OH's room would just about squeeze a cot in too, but we'd have to breathe in to walk around it. DD's room is small too - we'd have to get bunkbeds if we were still here when new LO needed her own bed.

We also have two rooms downstairs - a very large dining room and a tiny living room. It's possible we'd be able to turn the living room into the office, move the table and chairs into the kitchen and use the dining room as the sitting room - which would give us a box room upstairs we could use for a third bedroom.

But we're a long way off deciding that yet!

Anyone else already wondering how they are going to fit everyone in?

Fly

We are currently in the process of buying our 4 bedroom house (3 bed + loft space)

Hopefully when our bamski comes we will be very settled and we will just pick the room nearest our room.

The loft space is OH's games room - although he wont have much time for that once the bamski comes!!

C
X

Oh Yes- this worries me alot, in fact its one of the reasons it took me so long to get DH on board with ttc.

We only have 3 bedrooms and already 3 children oo-er XX

my "office" is a free room where one could fit :) the renters who were in here before used it as a kids room as well .

I'm waiting to move until TTC. Just found out we'll be moving into our new home in December...yay!

We're moving into a bungalow with two bedrooms but one of them is a loft conversion big enough to make into two upstairs

i think we'll be just fine with the first baby in our home. We have 3 bedrooms, one for OH and myself, a guest room (which would be the baby's room), and study/animal playroom. (We have two cats and a dog). I'm thinking that i'll just push the guest bed against into a corner and use the rest of the space for the baby furniture.

when we choose to have our second, we would definitely have to have a bigger house.

We aren't worried about space. We have the room DH and I share, a guest room and the office, which would become the babies room. The office would be moved into the spare room in the basement. Once we were on #2 the kids would move into the guest room together and the office would become the guest room. Bunk beds would fit much better in our current guest room.

We've always called our smallest room the 'baby's room', mainly because it was the baby room for the family who lived here before us and it was still painted blue with red shelves in it!

Last weekend I finally tackled the painting and changed the dingy blue color to a nice vermont cream. I plan on doing a yellow accent wall maybe next month. It will remain empty until I fall pregnant and we fill it will baby furniture :baby:

We have plenty of room at our house. We actually bought our house before getting married, because we knew it was where we were going to raise a family. Our master is big enough to fit a cradle in, and then we have a guest room, and the third is a spare room at the moment. But it is our planned future nursery. Plus we have a pretty big family room, so lots of room for toys. And our unfinished basement will eventually be a play room.

we are currently living in a three bedroomed house, oh and me in one DS in one DD in another, we are looking round for a bigger house but are in no rush!

When I had my first child my husband and I were living in a bedroom at my mom's house. It was my mom's master since we have a king size bed and there was room for Christian's crib and a bassinet right by our bed. We lived this way for 4 months with the baby sleeping in our room in either the bassinet, our bed or the crib. And we really weren't hurting for space, it was quite cozy. We turned half of my dresser into Christian's clothes storage and a quarter of my mom's walk in closet became Christian's hanging clothes space. We put his swing in my mom's living room, his bouncer by his crib and we even put a changing table in that bedroom too on the other side of his crib.

I'm glad we're out on our own now but I do miss that cozy little time we had with our whole family in one room.

We have enough room for 1 kid. 2 at a push but would need to move if we want anymore

Luckily we have four bedrooms, a study, living room, dining room and kitchen so there is no worry about space.

I would probably give up the home office/study in favour of a baby though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->