how much should i give him?

nataliecn

Mommy to Grady and WTT!
Reaction score
I intended on just breastfeeding! But, I'm really sick right now, and trying to keep Grady on the boob is absolutely brutal. So I'm going to have to give him a bottle tonight so that my OH can do it.
How much formula should I put in the bottle?! I'm completely oblivious to this!

I would say about 4-5oz and just let him have what he wants.

I would try 8 ounces-it sounds about right to me! but then, Alexa always drank a lot...

8oz at 3 weeks?!?!?!? holy cow! Jasmine still wont drink 8oz! lol

She drank like... 3-4 oz at Grady's age.

maybe I am fuzzy in my memory lol...maybe I shouldn't give advice when I can't remember :lol: I'll slink away now :D

Hannah was 3-4 ounces around that time, but she's never been a big milk drinker

maybe I am fuzzy in my memory lol...maybe I shouldn't give advice when I can't remember :lol: I'll slink away now :D

awww... no worries.. I just couldnt believe a baby could drink that much at 8 ws!

luisa has just gone uo to 4oz feeds but as others have said make it up and let her have what she wants

Charlie still only drank about 2 oz at that point but he's a bit of a weird baby! I'd probably give her 4 or 5oz and like Ryder said let her have what she wants. Hope you're feeling better soon! x

Elyse usually takes 3-4oz (rarely the full 4 at once though..) so I'd say try 4oz and let him eat as much as he wants, if he still seems hungry after, you can always get another bottle ready, right? :) I have a hard time getting Elyse to take a full bottle at once, she usually takes a power nap/break after 2.5oz and sometimes wants the rest of the 4oz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"