How much should my 6 week old be having?

Romy

Reaction score
My daughter Evie is nearly 6 weeks old and she is being bottle feed as I wasn't producing enough breast milk for her and it was making me feel really down, anyway she is on aptamil formula and it says on the side of the tub at 6 weeks she should be drinking 150ml which is 5oz I know this is just a guideline but we are still only doing 120ml which is 4oz and she has only once drunk the whole bottle this morning! Her 6 week checkup is on Monday so I will speak to the doctor and make sure she is putting enough weight on. I know all babies are different but just wanted a little advice.

That's fine, babies self regulate how much food they need. My lo is 3 months, just over 12 lbs. and still only takes 4-5 ounces per feeding and her weight gain has been more than adequate, she's actually pretty chubby lol.

My LO is a big baby, last weigh in 3 weeks ago he was over 13lbs can't wait to see what he is now when HV visits on Thursday. But he takes 5 fl oz each feed and a 6 fl oz for host first feed of day so I would say your LO feeds sounds about right.

At 6 weeks my LG weighed 10lb 11 and was taking 3oz every 2.5 hours... she would not take more or go longer, she has only gone up to 4oz last week at 8 week. She is gaining lots of weight as she is feeding regular. They say 2.5oz per lb of body weight, doesnt matter how much in a bottle as long as over the day its close to the total of this. My LG does little and often x

My little man is 7 weeks old and is currently taking 6oz every 4 hours, but at night usually doesn't finish a bottle, he usually has about 4-5oz. He is on cow and gate 1.

My lb is 8weeks old and also on aptimil he still only has 4oz at a time but it says on the box that he's meant to have 6feeds a day my lb had about 8feeds a day so it equals out! I was told that they should eat 2.5x their weight for example my lb is 11lb so he should eat around 28oz in 24hours! Hope this helps xx

Been to the doctors just now and my baby is 9lb 6oz :) thank you all for replying x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->