How much time does your OH spend with LO?

C

Ceejay123

I've read a few posts complaining about how much time and effort OH's put in with LO. I wondered if there are any Daddys out there that spend lots of time with their LO's!

How much time does your OH spend being a Daddy? :D x

Every single minute he possibly can. From the moment he walks in the door from work, to not wanting sleep-ins on the weekend so he can spend time with her.

Love him, he is amazing. Although im a SHAM he is the full time parent if he is here. :thumbup:

Steve is a brilliant daddy. He spends lots of time playing with her when he gets home from work and does her bedtime routine every night. I'm also a sahm but she's his baby when he's here - I'm not allowed to push the buggy at weekends lol!

I have to say we are really blessed in that DH (not the bio father to either of my kids) has taken on the role as Daddy, he did from when our relationship first became serious and he has always been great with both kids :cloud9:

Awh it's nice to hear there are some good Daddy's out there. My OH spends loads of time with LO. We're both students, so we're at home most of the time with LO which is great. I get up with LO in the mornings, OH will get up about 10am and have him for 2 hours so I can go back to bed if i've had a rough night. (Insomnia a lot of the time :( )

Then he'll take him out if he goes to the shops, as will I sometimes, and he'll have him while I work for an hour here/there. (I'm a self employed masseuse).

LO loves his Mummy, if he's upset he needs cuddles etc from me, but he loves to play with his Daddy! He loves when I take him into our room at about 9:50am, and he see's Daddy roll over! The look on his face is priceless. Daddy and LO have such a great bond.

x

Lots of time :cloud9: He Gets up with her in the morning, he puts her to bed at night, During the day shes allowed out in her wellies to help do whatever jobs need doing with the animals, in the evening if im tired before bed, they play with a football & the dogs on the front drive, he helps bath her....Practically everything she does she does it with daddy x x

ETA: I cried re-reading this, damned pregnancy hormones!

Every waking minute if he could!!... I'm a sahm but my OH works 2 weeks on 2 weeks off, so he doesn't see Tom for a whole 2 weeks which is heart breaking for all of us. But it does mean that we get a whole 2 weeks each month to spend as a family every day!!

Right from birth my OH was completely hands on, although I breastfed he'd still get up at night to do the nappy change, or take LO out for an early morning walk giving me a lie in! My OH loves getting up early with Tom, he is still co-sleeping too which my OH loves as he gets even more cuddles!..........

He's so much better at playing games with Tom too.... They are best mates!

Aww some lovely replies in this thread:cloud9: I hope my oh is as involved with LO as all your oh's when baby arrives. I'm sure he will be.

My DH and i share parenting pretty equally. We are both at home full time at the moment. She is a complete daddys girl unless she wants to do something naughty :haha:
We take it in turns to do nappy changes etc. We're very lucky :)

OH works from home and I work long full time hours so he does most of the parenting and spends more time with Lucas than I do, they have a fab realtionship he does everything daddy says I come home and he is a little sod :haha:

DH tries to spend as much time as he can with LO. Unfortunately, DH seems to be working 50-60 hours/week at the moment, so not much time during the week. However, DH loves spending time with our son on the weekends, when DH's workload is minimal. It's awesome to see the two of them together. :cloud9:

Every single minute he possibly can. From the moment he walks in the door from work, to not wanting sleep-ins on the weekend so he can spend time with her.

Love him, he is amazing. Although im a SHAM he is the full time parent if he is here. :thumbup:
This! :cloud9:

DH is amazing with K. He's been hands on from the beginning. He was so nervous before she was born as he's not been around a lot of children.

He takes her to swimming lessons every week and I love how much he tries at things, even if his nursery rhymes are a bit muddled up. e.g incy wincy spider like a teddy bear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->