How much TV is to much

Tinylo

Mum to 2 boys
Reaction score
I put Lewis in his bouncy chair watching tv for 10 minutes, he was quite happy, whilst I washed up, but I felt really guilty, like I was ignoring him or not stimulating him.

I just wondered if any of you girls leave your LOs to watch TV whilst you get on & do chores/get ready. If so how long do you leave them for??

Thanks.

If Chloe is happy I will leave her half an hour. Some things she loves more than others and you can tell she is njoying watching- she loves the baby first channel.

I dont think leaving your baby for 10 minutes to watch tele at this age is going to under-stimulate them while you get something done. There are a lot of hours in the day when you can stimulate him so it wont hurt for half an hour!

Amy follows me around when I get stuff done now so I talk to her while I do and explain what I am doing, she leaves a mess in her wake but thinks she is helping, lol.

Don't worry! x

Alasdair just likes to sit and watch things. anything. It doesn't have to be the tv, if it's something that moves he'll be watching it. I don't leave him to watch tv but when he is tired I sometimes sit with him and we watch together (somehow watching together makes it okay in my head!). I think it only becomes a problem if they're active and able to crawl and they're still sat infront of it!

charlie allways watches in the night garden every day and usually watched it twice sometimes 3 times different times of the day its the only thing that keeps him quiet for a bit i dont think it can do any harm , Charlie gets lots of play time aswell xx

i think a bit - maybe 30 mins - per day cant do any harm. I guess when baby is bigger it can be helpful as we can discuss the programme during or afterwards so it can stimulate conversation etc.

I usually let max watch about 20 min of the baby tv then hes on the floor playing with the dog lol

jack loves the telly he tends to watch it while we eat our dinner in his bouncy chair and is normally sleep within 15mins x

i would say...for however long it takes to do what you want to do lol (within reason!)...when do they start 'watching' tv? abigail will watch the trees outside the patio door for about ten minutes, but she won't watch tv...

jack loves the telly he tends to watch it while we eat our dinner in his bouncy chair and is normally sleep within 15mins x

thats like charlie he allways falls asleep within 15 mins as he only usually watches it just before his nap

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->