How much water

Naturalmommi

Reaction score
How much water are we supposed to drink? And how much do you all drink a day?

My journal and pregnancy journal say 64 ounces which is just the standard 8 cups a day. My last pregnancy, I swear they said closer to 80-100. I try to drink 12oz at a time but no more than 24. I have to pee within 45 minutes of drinking or it hurts. So as a teacher I can't afford to keep having people break me to go potty.

So I try to drink 12 oz before breakfast (to pee at 7), 12 oz right when I get to work at 7 (to pee at 7:50), I no longer drink at snack, 12-24oz at lunch depending how thirsty I am (to pee at 12:35), 12-24 oz once I get off work at 2 to pee at 2:40, another 12-24 before I head home and I pee once I get home. I drink 12 oz of milk with dinner and a final 12-24 about an hour before bed. I don't track/ add it up. I just listen to my body. I'm thirsty all day long.

The much simpler schedule is that I drink at least 12 oz at a time and then when i pee it out I'll drink again. Only exception being when I know peeing in 30m-60m isn't an option.

I gage down 4 or 5 bottles of water a day and they are 16 FL ozs. I hate water :haha:

Not much help tho as you asked how much we're suppose to drink.

I gage down 4 or 5 bottles of water a day and they are 16 FL ozs. I hate water :haha:

Not much help tho as you asked how much we're suppose to drink.

She did also ask how much everyone else is drinking. So you're helpful :)

I wanted to piggy back on this. I have two 20oz water bottles. I keep one at work and one at home. I refill my work one at least 3x while I am at work. Usually, I switch to glasses at home but sometimes I try to remember to use the water bottle since it's just easier to do the math. Oh I drank 5 water bottles = 100 oz versus I drank 3 water bottles + 4 12 oz glasses + 3 8 oz cups... Ugh. Although the common core teacher in me is like "well 8+12=20 and I can do that 3 times. So it is really 6x20 +12 which is 120+12=132."

I drink 1.5L daily, sometimes more.

A good rule to go by is to halve your weight in pounds and then drink that in ounces. So if you weigh 150lbs. you should be drinking at least 75 ounces.

I think they say about 2 litres. I never drink much, even pre pregnancy, so that is a huge amount for me. In pregnancy, I resent drinking water, so I thin out Gatorade, orange juice, cranberry juice. I mostly eat and make soups. I can drink lots of soup. My kidneys are very active and I pretty much pee within 15-20 minutes of drinking water. Soup seems to work better. It takes my body longer to process.
Not sure if I'm any help here....

I went from drinking 4 liters before i was pregnant to struggling to drink even 1 now :(

I drink a lot of water...probably 5 or 6, 24 ounce bottles....I love water it is so refreshing to me, but right now I feel so thirsty for more lol

I try and get in 5 liters a day. I am also nursing my 17 month old son to a few times a day so that is why I am trying to get so much.

My OBGYN has always told me be to take half my weight and add the standard 64 ounces and that is how much I should drink daily.... I struggle with that, i have never been a really big plain water drinker, so I have been getting crafty making cucumber, lemon and fruit waters.... :)

I drink 2-3 litres a day. I am always thirsty!

I was told 2 litres a day by my midwife. Today I've had none. Will probably drink loads of water/diluted juice with my dinner and throughout the evening.

I usually average about 15 glasses a day, but I love water and it helps me stay hydrated. I'm hoping it helps me avoid stretch marks again too. :haha:

Chug water all day. Just keep drinking throughout the day, it will help gets your GI tract moving and feel a little more energized

But overall make sure your urine is fairly clear

My OBGYN has always told me be to take half my weight and add the standard 64 ounces and that is how much I should drink daily.... I struggle with that, i have never been a really big plain water drinker, so I have been getting crafty making cucumber, lemon and fruit waters.... :)

This makes the most sense to me. We're supposed to hydrate more because we are pregnant, but non-pregnant adults who are not necessarily active (you're not working out every day and sweating) are supposed to drink 64 fl oz.

Found it! So weeks 1-4 is still just 64 oz (the standard 8 for an adult). But once you hit Week 5, my journal says that the amniotic fluid is replaced every three hours and you have 50% more blood volume now you you have to have 13 cups - 3L - 104 fl oz

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->