how much will i need to drink?

congo

Pregnant - 2nd Trimester
Reaction score
for my 12 week scan how much do i need to drink? is i true a full bladder is better or does it not matter?

thanks

apparently its enough so as not to make you uncomfortable sorry that's much help but that's what ive been told lol xx

i'm going for my scan today (if the snow holds up) and the requisitions says to drink 1 litre of water ending one hr before the scan and no peeing. good luck!

I was thinking the same thing, I thought my appointment letter would say but it doesn't. I might ring them the day before and ask. Good luck with your scan x

I'm not looking forward to this part of scan day lol. I only have to look at any kind of fluid and nature starts calling. I've no idea how I'm going to drink that much water, wait an hour and have to endure a car journey.

Apparently the toilets are right next to the scan room, and according to my friend, while she waited for her scan other women were coming out and dashing frantically to the loo. :D

According to my letter, I have to drink a litre of fluid, one hour before my appt.

they told me 32 ounces then when i got there they made me empty my bladder and get a treansvaginal ultrasound instead.. what a waste of being un cumfy

Don't do what I did and drink too much! My letter didn't tell me, and people advised me 2 litres. I managed 1.5 litres and had last peed 2 hours before the scan. By half way there in the car I was in serious discomfort and could not manage another drop of water. In the waiting room I couldn't even sit down I was so uncomfortable. I was even snapping at DH - I was actually feeling sick with the discomfort!

They were also running 20 minutes late which did not help. The first thing they wanted to do was my blood pressure and it was really high because was worked up into such a state needing to pee! I told them that and then when they started the scan they couldn't see anything because my bladder was too full. I was sent to half empty it and then hold the rest in!! It was still too full because I was scared to pee TOO much but they managed to find the baby even though it wasn't a brilliantly clear picture. Then I was allowed to rush across the corridor and finish peeing!

It kind of spoilt the experience for me so please don't do that! I wish they'd tell you in the letter how much - my letter only said I had an appointment to see the gynaecologist! I only knew it was my scan because I queried it and they said they send out a standard gynaecology letter to everyone whether it's gynaecology or a scan!! I've a good mind to write and complain!

Good luck :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->