How much?

Moulder86

Fiancé & mum to one
Reaction score
Ok so we've been on three meals for a while now with dessert and juice for lunch but I have a couple questions.....

1. How much of a jar do u give them?
2. When to take away the bottle for dinner and just give juice?
3. Have any of you started with follow on milk?

Thanks
xx

1) I give her however much she wants. Usually start with 1/3-1/2 of a jar and go from there.

2) I wouldn't replace any bottles with juice until well after a year, right now juice has no nutritional value to them, they need the milk more

3) I haven't because Hannah's not a big milk drinker so I don't see the need to start her on a milk that is more filling.

Offering juice depends on the baby... if the baby is eating a really well balanced diet then formula isn't necessarily as important anymore... but this doesnt usually happen until almost a year.

Well he does have a balanced diet and je doesn't miss his lunch bottle so I'm happy with that and my health visitor hasn't got a problem with that either.

:shrug: I've never heard of dropping a milk bottle for a juice bottle but every place does seem to have different guidelines.

It's what my mum done with us three and it's also what it says in my Annabel Carmel book too so I'm just following what that says.

I never said you shouldn't do it, just that I wouldn't do it. I prefer Hannah drinks milk rather than juice but I do get that everyone does things differently :)

I don't see why people switch milk with juice, except juice is easier to make.

Caitlyn has a jar of porridge (a whole jar) and a yogurt for breakfast.

She has half a cheese sandwich, a babybell, and a yogurt or fruit for lunch.

She has whatever I make her for dinner and a desert or yogurt.

At 6 months she was on jar food and I think she had 3 full jars a day and rusks inbetween if she was hungry.

I give Lewis 3 ice cube blocks of veggies for lunch & dinner, followed by fruit or a yogurt. Until he eats all of that, I won't increase it.

I've just stopped giving him his milk feed at lunch time but replaced it with water, (I don't want him to get a taste for juice for as long as possible) he seems to like the water and isn't screaming for milk. The little piggy does still manage to have 25oz a day though, split between 4 feeds.

I started him on follow on milk 2 weeks ago, he has a balanced diet but no meat at the moment, most of the iron they need - which they need a lot of between 6 & 12 months - comes from red meat.

1) I just keep jars for emergencies but my baby would have well over a stage 2 jar worth in one meal. This is the amount he needs/ wants.

2) After about 2 wks of starting weaning (started at 5 1/2 months) I increased the amounts he was getting and he dropped milk feeds then. He will take some water with meals but nowhere near a whole bottle worth just a few sips. My HV said to drop him a milk feed because he was taking loads of milk and 20 oz or equivalent bm is sufficient, more could stop them taking solids as well. He now gets 3 milk a day- milk breakfast time, water with lunch, afternoon milk + snack if required, water with dinner, bedtime milk.

3) I'm not planning to move to follow on milk, just straight to cows milk later.

See with Hannah she barely took 24 ounces before weaning, now she's around 21-22 which is why I wouldn't even consider dropping a milk feed. She's not a big enough milk drinker in my mind to do that :)

WHAT YOGHURTS are u giving ur lo's?

I'm having big trouble finding full fat natural yogurts in the shops here, everyone in Northern Ireland must be sooo healthy. The only ones I've found are Yeo valley organic ones and they're 46p each!!!! My HV said to avoid petit filous, apparently it's got a lot of sugar in it.

oops I gave Erin a mini petit filous yesterday!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->