How often can I use gripe water?

mylittlebubs

Reaction score
My baby is just over 3 weeks old and he always has lot of wind because he eats too fast ( i breastfeed ) and it seems like i never get him winded enough. Since yesterday it got quite bad and he had tummy ache so i gave him infacol before every feed and gave him gripe water ( woodwards) a few times within 24 hrs. I'm worry it might be too much, but also doesn;t want him to wake up every 20-30 min and cry all night

Do you know how much gripe water i can use for my baby?
many thanks

hiya from 4 weeks you can give up to 6 spoons in 24 hours, i used to use infacol and gripe water but no hes older i took him off infacol at 3 months but still has alot of wind so i still use gripe water as his wind makes him grisel at night too :hissy: xxx

I didn't think you could use gripe water when they are under 4wks old?
I bought some and it says babies up to 1month - not to be used.
Personally i would stick with just using infacol as that is ok from birth...

I used gripe water since Skyler was born. As long as it's the non-alcoholic kind it is harmless.I only used it the first 4 weeks though. Skyler now just farts when he has gas!!

I used gripe water since Skyler was born. As long as it's the non-alcoholic kind it is harmless.I only used it the first 4 weeks though. Skyler now just farts when he has gas!!

i guess it's more difficult for the new born babies to wind and they will get better when they get a bit bigger,right?

Yes,especially breastfed babies learn it faster as they tend to get less gas during feedings. Then they will fart you awake at night!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->