How often do you BD in ovulation week?

schnoogles

Reaction score
As above really. Don't know if we are doing the right thing BDing every day. Should we be doing every other day to let the sperm mature?
If we don't them I worry that wet have missed our chance:wacko:

Hubby and I BD everyday (his sex drive is insatiable. We are both young though, so I don't know if that would make a difference to sperm quality. Every second day is fine as well, as sperm can survive up to 5 days in the fertile period xx Just go with the flow and don't force it. If some nights, one or both of you aren't up for it, don't stress, even if it's in your fertile period xx Easier said then done I know but it will make it a lot more enjoyable for you both <3
Best of luck to you xx

I'm lucky if we manage twice around the time of ovulation. We have been trying for ten months now, and I worry that this may be part of the problem. Although, I did have a chemical pregnancy in June, so I guess once is all it really takes sometimes.

Good Question. I know for a sperm analysis they are told to "hold It" for 3 days I think. So makes me think this timing could be all the difference for some people.

we have always conceived bedding every fertile day. We have tried both ways. My fear is some months i would only get 1-2 high days and ovulate first peak so I dont wanna miss it i have been known to just get a straight peak too so just depends on your body and what its doing. In another 6 months if still nothing we will switch every other month to the smep then next month every day etc we are also using preseed

Using BBT and OPKs, I liked to BD at O, O-1 and O-3. O and O-1 are your best chances, and I feel like while they say a healthy male's sperm won't deplete if used every day, I kinda feel like why risk it?? So I give the break on O-2 to replenish.

I also read that going too long without ejac will actually cause a decrease in volume and quality the next time, so better to keep up a fairly regular routine, not wait weeks and then hit it three times in a row.

A lot of data from animal breeding experience too. Overuse is bad, but a regular consistent use is really good. Keeps the quality high. So I always make sure there's some BD'ing in the week prior to O countdown just to gear up the troops :)

Every day got us our bfp. Here's the scoop on doing it everyday vs every other day

Every day will produce a slightly lower count but faster sperm. This is the difference of maybe a few million out of 100's of millions. it's not like it cuts it down by half. But the caveat is you have to time it to every 24 hours. So no night sex and then morning sex. 8 hours is simply not enough time to replenish. But doing it every night before bed..that'll do it.

Every other day will give you more sperm but they are slightly slower and take a bit longer to get to that egg.

Fertility friend and countdown to pregnancy both put your chances at high if you do it all 3 days prior to O, day of O and day after O (this is because we are never certain of when the egg is actually released so it's a just in case measure).

From what I have read the egg likes it when sperm are already there waiting. So doing it the days up to O is the best.

there will be many a women who will tell you that they did it the day of O and got pregnant. Or they did it 5 days prior to O and got pregnant. Yes, this can happen but the nitty gritty of it is to have sex.

I seriously don't understand why so many women on here are trying to get it down to where they just want to do it once and conceive. It's sex ladies. For crying out loud get your booty on! This is the best dang part of the whole process. Make it fun, experiment, have the best darn times of your lives.

I could never go 3 days without it. If we go 3 days we both feel neglectful. We've been together for nearly 9 years and married for almost 5 of them.

There are exceptions for those women who have multiple children already and it's hard to get BD in with so much distractions and for the ladies who's guys are out of town due to their jobs. So i get wanting to try to get it in to the last min because you have to.

But if you don't have to. Sex every day that you can.

Aayla, for some people it's just not that freaking simple. Some of us have to time things well because of other factors. I would have sex every damned day if it could guarantee me a pregnancy, but unfortunately I am not the only one involved in this TTC endeavor... and I do not have the equipment required to get it done myself.

Twice, I'm lazy.

The night of positive Opk and the following morning.

Fallen pregnant 3 months running doing that.

Yeah, not everyone wants to have sex every day. Not even every man! I'm certainly going to try for every day next cycle once I see EWCM, but that is NOT the norm for this point in our relationship, and probably never will be again. We are still happily married despite infrequent sex.

Every fertility book will tell you to do it every day in your fertile period for the best chances. I'm not saying every day as soon as af stops. But if you want the best chances and not just a chance...every day in the fertile week. It's like 5 days in a row (7 max).

It just comes down to the basics... sex = baby. Nothing more, nothing less (barring any fertility issues here which are a completely separate thing).

With my first we had sex every day for a week, with my second it was about every other day. With this one we had sex once around ovulation. I think I am fortunate though in that we seem to fall pregnant quite easily.

On the topic of sex and relationships, everybody is different. Just like people like different foods. Neither DH or I have the kind of sex drive where we want to have sex every day. We adore each other and are very happy. I just don't think it's as simple as couples ought to have sex as often as possible. You have to do what's right for you.

My plan ttc the first time was to try a few months of every day for a week and if it didn't work then try every other day...

I agree with Isme! I feel like the question was what is the best schedule. I'm sure everyone enjoys having sex LOL its just that after TTC for months or years I'm like ok When is the best time? what's going to work for me? I don't think any of us think sex is a chore by any means, but if holding off (or not holding off) is going to get me my family than so be it. Timing is absolutely everything when it comes to fertility.

Every fertility book will tell you to do it every day in your fertile period for the best chances. I'm not saying every day as soon as af stops. But if you want the best chances and not just a chance...every day in the fertile week. It's like 5 days in a row (7 max).

It just comes down to the basics... sex = baby. Nothing more, nothing less (barring any fertility issues here which are a completely separate thing).

Not entirely true
Smep advises every second day
In order to give time to replenish quality sperm.
I've caught first time last 3 preg every second day
Starting day 10.
I usually ov 14
Day 10 is mainly to get rid of any older soerm to make sure all fresh
Day 12 is my magic day.
I think its the day that works for me every time

I'm heading in to my fertile window, so we will aim for once a night because I'm not completely up to speed with my cycle so I want to make sure that I catch it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->