how often do you feel baby get hiccups ?

o0Squeaks0o

Mum of a DD and expecting
Reaction score
hi ladies hope your all doing ok :flower:

so i know Google is the devil in disguise, and after reading up about babies who get hiccups a lot and how some believe its not a good thing. i thought it was a good thing until i started reading lol.

so im curious if your baby gets hiccups often ? zach can have them LOTS of times in a day often hitting around 8-10 times and they last anything from 5mins and a bit more. they're defo hiccups as we watched him doing it on the scan and also its just that hiccup feeling of regular timed pulsating and feel his back bobbing up and down.

i really need to stay away from Google ! :dohh:

Ignore google. My fist son had hiccups in the womb at least half of every day (literally). It was crazy. He was perfectly fine. In fact, when he was born he had hiccups all the time too ;-). Last pregnancy almost never had them. This time, it varries. Doc said every baby is different, no reason to worry.

My LO gets them anything between once a day and four times a day x

My dr said hiccups means a happy baby. Lungs are strong and waiting to work. My girl gets them about 3-4 times a day.

thanks ladies you've helped put me at ease. it all started with a when a couple of family members spotted my belly bobbing in and out quite a few times over the day and asked if its normal for babies to get them that often. before id never thought much of it. then after them asking i was like is it normal. lets check Google :dohh: lol. im totally staying off Google til the end of my pregnancy lol. x

our little girl get's hiccups alll the time. i wondered what it was at first then i realized my belly was bobbing up and down so i called my momma. she said that i was the same way, happy baby and healthy lungs :)

My first had hiccups constantly but this one is only once or twice a week. Nothing to worry about, although they get pretty annoying after a while!

mine has been having hiccups every so often for a long while now and it was only just the other day that i clued in to what it actually was!! lol....i just thought baby was having little kicking fits with constant kicks....always thought it was weird how baby could stick to a steady beat for so long....and then the other day i felt it again and thought 'hey, maybe baby has the hiccups!' lol....why i never thought of it before i have no idea haha

Mine used to get hiccups once/twice a day and now, for the past few weeks he never gets them! So odd!

If it feels like a heartbeat mine gets them several times a day :thumbup:

Untill about 8 days ago he didnt get them at all, for the last 8 days hes been getting them about 5-6 times a day and they can last anything up to an hour.
Most of the time baby seems to just sleep through them but every now and then I think he gets a little annoyed with them and starts shifting about alot.

So far I have only noticed them once and that was this saturday morning. I was kinda getting worried since he had not had them before.

My doc says it's the baby's way of practicing breathing... ie using his/her diaphram. Totally ok for baby. Mine gets them a lot...and they last quite a long time! I feel a little bad for baby since I think hiccups are annoying. lol

yup hes gotten them 3 times a day for me some days...other days not at all. He woke me up at 5:30 am with them this morning and they lasted for a half hour !

Mine used to get them all the time, like 4-6 times a day and google totally freaked me out!!! Then she was born and still got them all the time!

My first daughter seemed to have them all the time!!! Like, on and off during the day, all day but she's was just fine! Some babies have them often and some mums don't feel them at all. I just starting to experience them with this baby at 29 weeks and they are not nearly as often as last time but I guess we still have ten weeks to go! Google is not our friend!! :hugs: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->