How often do you get Braxton hicks?

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies I'm just wondering how often you experience Braxton hicks?

I was always told if you have more then 4-6 an hour then it's a cause for concern. I experience them every day and they can last for hours at a time also they are always a few minutes apart. When they are bad i get four in ten minutes. The hospital arnt concerned unless they get painful as they arnt changing my cervix

I have read though they get more intense and frequent the closer you are to labour

I get them ALOT but I have poly and the dr said it can cause them they are always painful to me and tbh I should of gone to the hospital. Buy. Dh has been working a lot of hrs and the hospital is pretty far and we can't afford to use up the gas. Mine are usually at night tho

I went up for contractions 5 min apart not extreme but a bit crampy and uncomfortable....after 6 hours of monitoring me they chalked it up to braxton hicks cause they weren't causing me to dilate and sent me home told me to come back when i cant breathe through them and there atleast 3 min apart... I guess by more intense and closer together they mean you should be screaming in pain and they should be literally back to back. Which i think is ridiculous cause some people handle pain better than others...but if there not causing your cervix to dilate then they aren't the real deal..A good reason for your braxton hicks to be so close together is dehydration so if your having them that frequently and want to see if they go away before making a trip to the hospital drink LOTS of water and lay on your left side. (that was my doctors orders and it didn't really help me but im so close to my due date mine could be a very early start to labor)

I've been getting them more often. About every 10-15 minutes lasting a few hours.

I've started getting them more frequently too but not usually more than 3 in a short period of time and they don't feel like the actually contractions I had with dd. with dd I was always told if you can talk during a contraction then it's not an active labor contraction and in my case this was very true.

Lots! Was in hospital over weekend with them in case it was early labour but they stopped Sunday lunch time. Unfortunately they started up really frequent and uncomfy again yesterday - about 6-8 per hour.

I get them maybe 3 times a day, each one lasting a few minutes. So not as frequently as you ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->