How often do you get your baby weighed?

Becki77

Mummy of 2 little men!
Reaction score
Hey Ladies,

Jaiden is 4 months old and i get him weighed every 2 weeks without fail! But im starting to think i dont need to go as much as hes putting on weight perfectly!

So i just wandered How often do you get your baby weighed?
:hug: xx

With my 1st i went religiously every week, however with my 2nd ooo i think i can could the amount of times ive been on one hand lol With my 1st they scared me silly said he wasnt gaining enough ect even got sent to a paedietrician, i didnt think there was anything wrong he was fine, feeding lovely wet and dirty nappies, then when i visited the paedietrician he was like annnnd what can i do for u? he didnt think there was anything wrong with him yet id had many worried nights looking at him thinking what if becaise of the stoopid hvs! Sooo this time ive decided not to worry what they say and go with the flow! He had his normal weight checks after birth then 6-8 weeks and im taking him 2day just to see how hes getting on as hes 14 weeks now. By the sounds of it ur lil ones doing brilliantly so maybe just start going once a month or something, just for your own curiosity. You kno ur baby best. If u want to get him weighed, get him weighed, if u dont dont!! Im quite excited about seeing what Noah weighs 2day altho im gonna shut my ears to any 'advice' or 'comments' they try to dish out lol

I used to go every two weeks also! Now that Max is 4 and 1/2 months I think I'll go every month or so. To be honest I only to get him weighed...the HV where I am are rubbish!!!

2-4 weeks still because she isn't gaining very much and I'm making sure she doesn't loose weight again :(

I remember when Amy was born my then health visitor recommended once a month, so I did, but I actually haven't had her weighed since about September as to me (and them) she is fine. I will get her weighed again sometime just to start off the 1-5 bit in her Red Book, but as long as she is healthy that is all that matters to me.

I think it can cause unnecessary stress sometimes . . . x

once a month for us, usually at her appointments for shots and things.

We have a babyshop nearby that sells baby scales. I take Skyler there and have him weighed whenever I feel like it!:winkwink:

I take Rihanna every month as her weigh gain as been good x

Every week because Niamh has problems gaining weight so needs to be monitored each week.

We gained 4oz though this week. :happydance:

Every 2-3 weeks because she isn't gaining much...

i have maddi weighed every 4weeks.

nic - well done on niamh weight gain :happydance:

i took isabelle to be weighed every week for the first few weeks, but am now taking her fortnightly. if her weight gain is still fine, i will prob take her every 3 weeks and then eventually monthly.

x

Every 2 weeks just now but will prob change it to monthly soon as there definetely no problems with her weight gain!!! Its a good chance to ask any questions I may have I find.

Twice and sometimes 3 times a week (pain in the ass!) when he was 2 to 8 weeks old due to worrying weight gain/ loss patterns.

Since he was given "all clear" by pead at 8 wks I've only got him done at his injections plus one other time at baby club. I took him to bbay clinic last wk to get more advice about weaning but I couldn't be bothered taking his clothes off and putting them back on again.....

Every two weeks at the moment, but only really that often because she dropped from the 91st to 25th centile in her first couple of months, although now she has been following a line for a while I think I will probably drop it to once a month.

I weigh Brooklynn every week. She is gaining fine but they have the scale at our playgroup so we do it. plus I think it helps her get used to being handled by other people in a setting that isn't home

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->