how often do you test and when?

H a

Reaction score
hi guys just wondered if you are supposed to test more than once a day and whats the best time to test?

im a bit of a newby so any advice appreciated! x:flower:

i'm new to the ovulation tests as well and also set up a thread but no one replied, so thought iI would try to help you... lol

Ok some people say test twice a day some just test once I found that i got better results in the late evening and when i had held my urine for at least 3 hours.

I tested for 2 weeks as i was unsure when i would ovulate and lucky I did as fertility friend and other ovulation calculator sites stated I would ovulate on the 14 th day but i didn't ovulate until the 19th so lucky I was doing the tests or a would of completely missed it... still doesn't mean I will get pregnant as it took 2 years with my 1st and 1 year with my 2nd.

anyway rambling... here to help if I can we can learn together lol

thank you! i did that last month as id dint know when it would be but only tested once a day so maybe this time i will try twice a day and see what happens, my bodies all over the place at the moment and i don't really know where i am but here's to another month of trying! x

I have also found that my body is giving me more signs that I am ovulating the watery mucus is the main one the test I did on that day was positive, I also had a cramp in my left side which i've looked up is ovulation pains...

You only have a 12 hour window once you ovulate so it's best to have those little spermies waiting for the egg lol :happydance:

You mention that your body is all over the place do you mean the lenght of cycle?

If you have dtd then you just have to do the 2ww and see what happens and hopefully you will get the bfp

xx

thanks i got a lot of signs too especially pains which i have noted down in diary and did get a positive as well, so hopefully i can pinpoint it a little better this month.
all over the place i mean cycles not really being the same each month they never have been to be honest but it dosnt help matters when your TTC!

we dtd loads i think we got carried away with excitement but still a bfn and an early af.

Will do the tests again and look out for signs and just see what happens. just ordered some pre-seed as everyone is really raving about how it helps so thought it be worth a go!
hope you are getting on okay too x

We are also trying soft cups this month they are so easy to use and when you take it out and see what it collects you realise why they can be so sucessful.

Whether they will be for us is yet to be seen so lets see good luck this month. xx

i thought about those will have to look into it where did you get them from?

hope this is our month!

I have the same question about when to test. Hopefully I can get my ? answered also. I posted the ? in ttc forum but only had one answer so far. Here is a link to my ? if anyone can help me out with answer I would greatly appreciate it. :thumbup:
https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/308775-time-day-should-test-opk.html

Just did some research and I guess I may have answered my own question. Thought I would share if anyone was still curious. Any more input of personal experience would be great still though.

Q: What time of day should I test?

A: The best time to test is 2 p.m., or as close as possible. Anytime between noon and 8 p.m. is fine, first morning urine is not recommended. The reason for this is that most women experience a surge in the morning, but it can take 4 hours for it to show up in your urine.

Make sure to test at about the same time every day.

Q: On what day of my cycle should I start testing?

A: If you have a variable cycle, you should use the date of your shortest cycle in the past six months as a starting time.
Cycle
Length Start
Day
21 5
22 5
23 6
24 7
25 8
26 9
27 10
28 11
29 12