How often does fertility friend get it wrong?

Lulabelle85

Reaction score
I've been temping this last month after 6 weeks of fertilAID and metformin and according to FF I ovulated on 28th August. I had some cramping around then and thought AF was coming (AF still hasn't arrived since coming off BCP in April)
So I thought that my body was finally getting back to normal, I had ovulated which means AF should be due around now, but I don't feel it's coming. According to FF I'm 13dpo.
How often does FF get it wrong? Is it more likely that I didn't ovulate at all? I'm so confused. Am I just expecting too much too quickly?

If you temp correctly, FF is very very accurate. So, if there was a clear rise after the 28th and it's stayed up, I would trust it. I think it takes several months after going off all that for your body to regulate, though. Are you checking CM or using OPKs at all?

I haven't been using opks as I didn't know what point in my cycle I was, but cm seems to be different every day!

The only way to very accurately know if you did ovulate is with a CD 21 or 7dpo blood test, FF/ temps can be wrong and it looks like FF gave you cross hairs which means they are not 100% sure you ovulated either.

Hey there,

Having looked at your chart, I'd be wary to believe FF. Only because there isn't much data before the red line to establish what is a normal pattern of temps for you. There are those highly erratic temps at the beginning when you were charting and your temps are also dipping very close to the cover line afterwards as well. It could be totally right and you did ovulate, but I would take FF's prediction with a pinch of salt as it isn't the most clear pattern of temps. :hugs: I highly recommend taking OPKs. After the birth of my daughter it took 8 months to get my periods back as I was breastfeeding. I took OPKs for about 6 of those months and started charting my temp in the last few weeks as I noticed my OPKs were changing. Lo and behold, I ovulated two weeks after starting temping, with two days of positive OPKs and a nice temp rise. If you buy big packs of test strips (cheapies) OPKs are a really affordable way to know what's going on in your cycle alongside temping.

Hi there. Your chart is very rocky and you have a lot of open circles. Are you taking your temps the same time each day before you get up, talk etc? I would agree on opks as well. You could get some cheap ICs and maybe a pack of digitals to confirm if you're unsure if it's positive or not (that's what I do). Good luck! X

i don't think my chart is very reliable, the only reason I thought I might have o'd is coz I had cramps and spotting like AF was coming but then it went away. I've not had AF since coming off dianette and I think stressing about temping and stuff it making it worse. Me and OH have decided to just take it easy at first and BD every second day. We're going on holiday next week so it should be easy to BD that much! I've got a packet of the IC opks but I never know when to use them coz i don't have a clue what's going on in there! I'm going to the doctor on Wednesday to get provera and kickstart my cycle. Thank you for all your input ladies xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->