how often does ur 6-12mth feed at night?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by starsunshine, Jun 5, 2011.

1. starsunshine

starsunshine Well-Known Member

Leo's waking every 2hrs or so. I don't want to do any sleep training just want to know if thats unusual!

2. kelly29

kelly29 Guest

maddie is 6months now but really would be sttn!!! but lately she's been waking but not sure wether its for boobie or not:shrug: but i'd say once:thumbup: god know's how your coping with 2 hrs:haha: well done!!!:thumbup: you must feel well tired out:sleep: x

3. starsunshine

I'm alright think I'm used to it I hardly wake just give him a feed & roll over!!! Couldn't do it if he wasn't next to my bed or in it!!!!

4. T-Bex

T-Bex Mother of one

Bethan had night feeds until I got strict with it and stopped (she was only doing it to go back to sleep), but that was only a month or so ago...

5. kmac625

kmac625 Mom to baby Clara

Clara was waking one or two times but then started sttn at 9 months.

6. starsunshine

T bex how did u do it? I can't bear to hear him cry so thats a no go for us! I think hes too young at the mo but I mught change my mind once im back at work!

7. ajarvis

ajarvis Well-Known Member

My oldest breastfed til he was 17 months and weaned himself, and woke at night to feed almost that whole time. 6 - 12 months was probably an average of 2-3 times.

8. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

Otter was still feeding every 2-3 hours until 8 months old. Then he started dropping feeds and was STTN by 10 months.

DK is 9.5 months and wakes a gagillion times per night. Probably 2-3 to have a proper feed. But more often than that to comfort suck. I can't even count them. I really don't want to because I would probably cry. :haha:

9. Cerellia

Cerellia Well-Known Member

He is almost a year and feeds every 2-3 hours.

10. starsunshine

I'm so glad other people are going through what I am! We just moved the cot down a notch so he's coming into bed with us 1st time he wakes prob around 2ish then feeds at 4-5ish &then confort sucks on and off until 7when he wakes. Anyone have probs the 1st part of the night from 7-11pm? Leo keeps waking up constantly.

11. minties

minties Complete

On average, he wakes once a night every second night. I often dreamfeed him around midnight though.

12. mrsp14

mrsp14 Well-Known Member

So glad i read this thread. LO STTN from about 4 weeks old, then for the last month she's been waking up 3-4 times each night for feeds. My mum visited last eek and said not to feed her as she'll get used to it, but tbh there doesn't seem to be any other reason for her to wake up, and its the quickest and least stressful way to get her back to sleep so i don't mind! I am looking forward to her STTN again though!!!