• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How often is your LO off ill?

Every 6-8 weeks, Alex catches an illness (usually a cold). He's in daycare full time though, so it's expected. He recently came down with pink eye the day before Thanksgiving, so he got an even longer break than normal lol.

This past year was rough. We had hand/foot/mouth twice, two stomach bugs (worse for me than him - throwing up every 10-20 minutes for SEVEN HOURS STRAIGHT - he threw up only once, which is good), three ear infections, three pink eye incidents, and numerous colds/viruses throughout the year. Here's to hoping next year is smoother! :D

She's off again!

This time with a urine infection and is being referred to hospital for an abdominal ultrasound so more time off likely for that. Grr!

Oh no, sorry to hear that. I hope that she is feeling better soon and I hope that you get some answers and reassurance from the abdominal ultrasound :hugs:

What a shame, I hope you feels better quickly. I always expect them to be ill at this time of year, all the excitement seems to make it inevitable.

Thanks everyone.

I expected my son to be ill this time of year (asthmatic and has had 2 admissions to hospital already this year) just didn't expect this with my daughter.

Honestly feel like the worst parent!

Thanks everyone.

I expected my son to be ill this time of year (asthmatic and has had 2 admissions to hospital already this year) just didn't expect this with my daughter.

Honestly feel like the worst parent!

It's not your fault at all hun, please don't blame yourself :hugs:

my girls are almost never off ill. Apart from chickenpox, my eldest has missed a total of 4.5 days of school (she is in her thirs year now) and my younger two are the same. They do get constant coughs and colds and runny noses but are never ill with it and still attend nursery.

Jinxed myself with this! My oldest son has been off 2 days with a stomach bug and 3 days so far with a viral cough and fever, that's all in the last couple of weeks!

Jinxed myself with this! My oldest son has been off 2 days with a stomach bug and 3 days so far with a viral cough and fever, that's all in the last couple of weeks!

I hope he's feeling better soon! :hugs:

awesome, hope he's better soon! x

edit this!! that was meant to say awe, my phone changed it to awesome. I'm so sorry! x

My little girl started playgroups and toddler groups when she was around one. She got 4 stomach bugs in a year!! A few colds aswel. I caught 3 from her and I never used to get stomach bugs. I've been pretty out off the groups since being pregnant. Especially now I'm due to give birth again. Avoiding the places as they are just germ infested. Unfortunately parents don't keep children away for long enough. Often due to work commitments which is totally fair enough but things will obviously spread. I'm hoping to put my daughter in nursery a day a week next year but I'm abit wary of it meaning we will be constantly poorly again. Obviously I can't avoid it forever though but I am so anxious with stomach bugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->