How often to DTD/BD?

BSN2MOM

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm 1 day away from my fertile window according to the apps I'm using this month. I've been temping and using OPKs for the first time this month and DH and I have stuck to every 2 or 3 days BDing since AF left. However now that we're getting into our "fertile time" I'm debating if we should BD every other or try every day? I know I've heard from midwives I've worked with that every other is best but I'm so anxious for this month to be the one that I'm tempted to try every day!

Anyone else have some thought or experience with this??

EDIT: For background, my cycles are a little unpredictable but somewhere between 28-32ish days with some outliers at 27 or 33. I don't typically check my CM but I'm paying attention more this cycle. I have never known my O date for sure.

Different schools of thought here.... if DH has any sperm related issues, then I suggest BDing every other day to allow his supply to mature and grow in number. If he has no issues then BD every day or every other day doesn't make too much of a difference. Statistically, there is a 22% chance of conception with BD every other day and a 25% chance if you BD every day.

Keep in mind that a lot of people get 'burnt out', so to speak by BDing every day for almost 2 weeks straight or until confirmed ovulation. My DH and I BD'd every other day, including the morning of ovulation and I am almost 6 weeks pregnant now.

Do what's best for you two. And GL!

Thank you for your response! I didn't think about sperm issues... we're not sure there though. He does have type 1 diabetes (the juvenile onset) and I'm hounding him to stay on top of his blood sugars this month but we don't know for sure if there's any already done damage. He's had it since he was 2 years old and has had seizures in the past due to low blood sugars. Of course my OBGYN won't care until this August when we've been trying a year (insert eye roll here).
The burn out thing, you're totally right :) I think we will stick to every other and just keep our finger's crossed.
Thanks again & congratulations to you!!!

We've been doing every other day, though I was tempted to do every day too! Haha! But in the end, there's not much difference between the two. My cycles are a bit unpredictable too, longer from 30-34 days. Last month we totally missed the mark because I ovulated later than usual so this month we're gunna DTD for an extra week just in case. We also started early too. I want this month to be it SO badly too! We've been also drinking grapefruit juice (helps produce EWCM and also good for fertility in general) and trying to eat healthier.

Keeping our fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->