How often to DTD

Kirkie

Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone have any advice about how often to DTD? I got a positive ov test today (CD12) and yesterday (well I think positive). We DTD on CD11, I hear that DTD too often can lower sperm count but then I don't want to miss the window as probably CD13 will be too late? We had a mc in Dec and I find TTC soooo stressful, upsetting and disappointing when AF comes. Also my DH feels the pressure around ov time and often does not want to DTD due to the stress I think. I don't know how to not pressure him.

Any advice??? Thank you xxx

Unless you have a very low sperm count issue - you should DTD EVERY DAY in your peak window. Ideally you should 2-3 days before O, the day of, and 2-3 days after O to make sure it's covered. And besides- better to have SOME sperm in there and have it be on a peak day then to wait til the next and have it make no difference bc it's too late. I WILL say- my DH DID have a low sperm count initially- and we DTD 9 days in a row in January and got pregnant with having sex daily- and there are differences of opinions in doctor's on this subject. My doc said abstaining more than 24 hours isn't necessary. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->