How often would you give a bottle to EBF infant?

kmr1763

DH, DS1, DD1, DD2, DS2
Reaction score
My DS would NOT take a bottle because I didn't offer one early enough. So I couldn't leave him for any length of time, and I do not want to find myself in that position again!

DD is three and a half weeks old and I offered her a bottle of expressed milk yesterday. She was iffy at first, but wound up drinking the entire thing. Now I want to give her one often enough that she stays familiar with the bottle. How often would you guys offer one?

TIA!!!

I'm also very curious about this. I have to go back to work in May so LO has to take a bottle!

we started at 4 weeks. and he a bottle maybe once or twice a week. Now at 5 months were on 1 bottle a day (although it formula now) and will gradually increase.

But he also had a dummy from about the same time so not sure if that helped or not?

His only thing is the milk has to be quite warm or he wont touch it and he likes the teat to be warm as well...esp in those early days.

I looked it up and read to offer a bottle every two or three days to keep baby familiar. So far DD won't take a paci so I feel I better keep up with the bottle! I'm tempted to do formula for the occasional bottle, I find pumping to be very inefficient at getting milk out! Course I have no idea how much she gets when nursing but pretty sure it's more than an ounce, ounce and a half that I've been getting when I pump!

So I suppose I will offer the bottle every other day until she has no hesitation taking it, and then twice a week after just to keep things familiar!

Thank you ladies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"