How old is too old to start trying?

Not so old that the child will be changing your diapers at 20. I'm really bothered by these women having babies in their late 60's because they want to be parents (understandable), but who clearly aren't thinking that if they are alive by the time their children are 18, they'll be 85 and the child will be visiting in a nursing home or be a full-time caregiver. But chances are, that child will be burying a parent while a young teens and having to live with relatives, if there are any, or go into an orphanage or foster home. This is selfish. Part of the decision to be a parent needs to be considering what is best for the future-child.

Kids need their parents, even (or especially) when young adults. If there's a good chance you'll be dead simply due to age, that's when you're too old.

The early and late 20s for me is a good age as at this age, you should be mature enough to take care of your child. Also, at this age, you can enjoy growing with your child. Its not a matter of age actually when or how old is it to conceive but think of it that some are just lucky to have a child easily and some cant and even try in their late 40's. But as science say.. the younger the body of the woman, the healthier the environment at which the baby grows. But as it gets older, the less it cam give a baby good nurturing environment to grow in full maturity. I'm near 40 but still also want to have a baby girl aside from my full grown teenage boy.

https://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_baby.jpghttps://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_nanny.jpghttps://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_contest.jpghttps://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_crib.jpghttps://storeyourpicture.com/images/signature_stroller.jpg

Don't agree that just because you are older ' body is not as good ,nuturing environment'. I have had 2 babies around my 40's and as the midwife said I was a lot healthier, less problem free pregnancy than ladies half my age. Lot depends on life style choices. Do agree having babies in your 60's is crazy. Nature never intended women to have babies at that age.

I think we did it perfect by having Savannah at 20, when she's 18 i'll still be young and be able to go do my own thing. This is just my opinion though.

Hi guys,
At what age do YOU think is a good age to conceive a child?
:baby::baby:

When you and OH know that you are ready to be parents. There is no right age, as long as you and OH are ready to TTC then the rest is up to you.

xxx

Personally I think 45 is the limit. Any later than that, and it's selfish. I think mid-late 20's is good :) you're mature enough, but young enough. With the risk of miscarriage and down syndrome increasing after 35, I want all mine by 35.

I had my DD at 24 and I am now pregnant again at age 39, this is my second marriage and will be my DH's first child. I think as long as you are happy with it anything up to mid forties is fine :)

Personally i think anywhere between the ages of 20 and 30 are the ideal times to conceive .. but anything up to mid 40's really

Well I am 43 and we are TTC for our first. I haven't waited this long through choice, I was never with the right person before. So I hope we will be lucky but there is no point in having regrets, I wasn't with the right person before.

Well I am 43 and we are TTC for our first. I haven't waited this long through choice, I was never with the right person before. So I hope we will be lucky but there is no point in having regrets, I wasn't with the right person before.

Good luck hun, hope you get your :bfp: soon :hugs:

I think people should pay attention to their bodies for when they are 'too old' to have children. The menopause is the bodies way of telling (most!) women that their bodies are past child-bearing age, and I think that's really a good indication.

That said, unfortunately there are some women that go through early menopause and I am not applying the first paragraph to them at all.
xx

i fink mayb mid 40s wot i dont fink rite tho is that the women in there 40s has a baby its frowned upon by sum ppl sayin shes to old n that but then u get a 16yr on girl thats pregnant and no1 says nuffin like its ok!! and its not ( i dont mean 2 upset any1 on here whos 16 and had a baby)

Ah, the young end.

I've only known a couple people who had kids younger than 22/23 who didn't, years down the road, wish they had waited. Sure, they love their children and wouldn't wish them away, but wish they'd had them later.

I might get a lot of heat for this, but the VAST majority of people who are 18, 19, 20, 21, really are NOT as mature as they think. If you're in this age range, wait ten years and look back and I guarantee you you'll wonder how you thought you were years past your age in maturity. Just reaching the legal age of majority doesn't mean one has the maturity or wisdom or experience as an adult. 100 years ago people were expected to behave as adult starting by 13 or so, but nowadays people are encouraged to be kids as long as possible.

I don't buy the whole "do it when you thin you're ready" thing either. If you lack life experience, of course it will seem easier and you'll think you're ready to tackle the world. Just because you're 20 doesn't mean you've had a large range of adult experiences. It's very important to have these experiences. Once you have a baby, there is no going back. Life is not roses just because there's a baby.

This is a question where we all have different opinions which is nice to share.

Me personally think 20 onwards maybe? although a lot of it depends on if your in a stable relationship and so on. As for the other end of the spectrum i know someone who has been TTC for years and is in her early 40s using fertility treatment. She is healthy- a runner!! (puts me to shame) and her and her husband are so perfect to be parents but unfortunatley this hasnt happened naturally. I think maybe 50+ there is a lot more risk in pregnancys.

I definitely think this is a very personal thing and age doesn't REALLY mean a lot. It is definitely about maturity. I am definitely an "older then her years" type of girl! I mean, by the time I was 21 I had been married for 3 years and certainly at 26 I feel very mature. If I had my way, I would have had a baby at 25 as I certainly felt ready from then emotionally, but we are waiting until later this year. I wouldnt have wanted to start trying for my first baby any later than 30. Again, this is personal to me and I by no means think that everybody should be 30 or under to have their first. I think if I had to put a limit on the age I think someone should have a child I would say probably once they are getting to 50

Hm, I don't think there's an objective "right and wrong answer" to this question. But I do think that IF you have a choice, then stuff like biological probabilities and financial should be taken into account.
Example me: Before 25ish I hadn't finished my education yet and wasn't financially stable, so earlier would have been to early for me personally. After 35ish the risk of misscariages and illnesses increases, so I'd like to have all of my little ones by then.
Having said that, I think the whole thing changes if you don't manage to have kids when you are younger or if you've got your life "sorted" way before. So bottom line: I think the right age is whenever you've achieved what you wanted to achieve before having kids. Saying that, even if that might make me unpopular, I think it's essential that you know you can support yourself and your kids before you have them.

I think any time after 20ish and before 45.
Aria i resent that comment you just made, im 21 and have had to deal with more shit than some people double my age, i have been working for 5 years, living independantly for 2 years, had to bury a mother figger, iv been bullied, battled depression and been in an abusive relationship and your saying i havent had enough adult experiances?

So bottom line: I think the right age is whenever you've achieved what you wanted to achieve before having kids. Saying that, even if that might make me unpopular, I think it's essential that you know you can support yourself and your kids before you have them.

Bang on.

As I think I have said before on here what a child needs above all is STABILITY (not like my own very messed around childhood!)

Lozzy21. Firstly, :hug:

Generally, I would agree with Aria, but there are some people at your age who have a very wise head on their shoulders and who really do have genuine life experience rather than just thinking that they know it all and who are actually still very innocent in many respects.

Although, I still think having a baby in your late teens is too young!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->