How old was your LO when they went into their own bed?

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
What age was your LO when you took them out of their cot and into a proper bed?

I didn't vote, because of course colton isn't in a bed yet.
However, my future sister in law has a LO and she just moved him into a toddler bed-he is going on two (this month, i think).

Kieran was in his til a couple of weeks after his 2nd birthday and i'm glad i left him that long, i think if i'd put him in it earlier he would of been in and out, i haven't had any problems with him whereas my friend's have moved there's over quite early and there spending hours putting there lil one to bed, and i tuck him in and walk out!

x x

My eldest moved into a bed at 14 months, but that was mainly because we needed his cot for his baby brother! I think my 2nd moved into a bed about 18 months.

Madison is now 14 months and we are not really thinking of moving her into one until about Christmas when she will be about 18 months. I think if she went into one right now she would be out and playing all the time and i'd probably find her asleep in the middle of the floor!!

i put both my boys into their own bed around 12 mths mostly because they were climber and i was afraid of them climbing out.

Rebecca was 2 or just under I cant quite remember...

**EDIT** in case anyone wonders why so late she didnt walk til she was just under 16 months-late starter in that respect, shame about the mouth ha ha!

Charlie developed a fobia of his cot and just screamed if he was put in it. And if he woke up, he screamed until we got him out. So I moved him into a bed at about 14 months and he's much better now.

Kian went into a bed at 13 months and it was the best thing we ever did.

We put a stair gate on his room so that he couldn't get out and wander around.

We've been so lucky with him as he loves his bed and only ever climbs into ours for a morning cuddle.

I cheated slightly. I took the side off of the cot i used to have at about 14 months and then at just over 2 years i put oldest into a proper cabin bed because his brother was coming along, but i did the same with the younger one too.

I just felt that a jump from one to the other was too much so cheated by doing it gradually taking off one side of the cot gave them the freedom to get in and out like a bed but the security was there of having 3 tall sides.

I've had no problems doing it this way either they both sleep right through and i never needed night lights or anything, they slept in a dark room and all night

brendan went into a bed just the other day after a terrifying accident that even now makes me feel ill, he leant over the bars of the cot and fell out onto his head!!! he cant even climb and isnt very tall, took him to hospital he only had a tiny cut but i wasnt taking chances, he had it glued because it was a little deep but he is completely fine thankfully, that very day i put him in a bed!!!! i never thought that would happen the bars reached his chest, and i was inches away from him wished id caught him :( my poor baby!! (22 months by the way lol)

18 months , carly would scream the place down in her cot so though id try the bed. done the trick :)

Oh and its a toddler bed she is in not a proper single bed ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->