How old when they know its bedtime when using a bedtime routine.

iiTTCii

Mummy of two
Reaction score
I've used the same bedtime routine since LO was a week old - bath, massage, bottle and bed for 7ish. The only difference is for the past week, we have left her upstairs in her Moses basket to settle for the night and we come downstairs with the monitor.
She was 7 weeks old on Thursday and the last few days, it's like she knows what's coming after her bath (I can't describe how, it's just a feeling that she knows its bedtime). Do you think this is rubbish and that it will be quite a while before she knows or could she?

Its the same with emily! From birth she has always had dinner, bath and then sometimes a bottle of milk and then she'd be out! We timed it though... so that she was tired when coming out of her bath and she'd crash out an hour later... Still the same routine! Dinner, bath and she knows that soon after bath time its bed time! She is 2 years old now... i ask her if its bed time and she says 'ok!' and runs to the kichen and waits for me to pour her a bottle of milk to take to bed with her :haha: xx

I think she definitely knows! My little boy got the hang of it quite quickly too and was smiling as soon as we went upstairs after diner. Now, if we ask him at night if he wants to go and have a bath he starts to laugh and kicks his legs in with excitement. So cute. My daughter is nearly 3 and she still gets excited over bath time hahahaha x

We've done the same routine since they were 6 weeks old ant they definately know its bedtime. Once we've undressed them in their bedroom, they crawl off on their own and pull themselves up on bath, ready to get in!
They bring their nappies and pjs to us too, after!

P.S. Routine works everywhere. We have no issues with them staying at grandparents, aunties and uncles, hotels, friends. We do the same routine and they sleep through :cloud9:

Millie has known day from night since birth always sleeping her longer stretches at night which has been fab for me :thumbup:

Now with the routine in place (from about week 5) she gone to bed between 7-8pm and sleeps like a champ! She definitely knows when it's bedtime.

We started a routine at around six weeks, then about three weeks later he started sleeping through, so he definitely knew when bedtime was thanks to introducing a proper bedtime routine

We did something very similar to you and left DS upstairs from about 7 weeks. It's like he knew day from night from the outset and we just went with his natural rhythms. He definitely knows it's bedtime now at 10 months but I'm certain he knew from about 6-7 weeks as his longer stretches were always overnight, he also went straight back down to sleep after his night feeds. As for daytime sleep, he is and always has been a terrible napper.

Mmm I'm not sure what to say. My lo started going down in his own cot at 3 months, prior to that at 2 months he was going into his crib at 10, we started gradually moving the time down.

My Los 11 months now as goes down between 6-30 and 7. He's just starting to figure out when I'm putting him down. We only bathe him every second night so maybe that's thrown him for a while. He's always been a good sleeper too x

Same with my dd!!! Every night 8pm it's bath bottle bed and no matter what kind of day she had she knows it's night and bedtime she goes right to sleep! It's the best thing we ever did. I thought it was too early and that she wouldn't know but wow does she ever know its bedtime. Thank God I started early its a lifesaver!

We didn't even attempt a bedtime routine until 4 months (until then she slept in her wrap until we went to bed), but for us, it was about a month before it all really clicked. Obviously, that was at 5 months, so it's quite different at that age.

We have done a bed time routine since the early days shes a year old and no's her bed time routine now .. we do the same thing every single night

Nope, I would say she probably does know what's coming if you've been doing the same thing every night.

My LO was in a routine from 2 weeks (by routine I mean bath, lights out, bottle and bed). I never turned the light on during the night when he woke and he quickly learned the difference between day and night. He was STTN at 7 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->