how on earth do you apply for school!?!?!

Wriggley

Reaction score
my LO will be starting school next sept and i literally have NO clue how to get started... how do you apply etc...

We were sent a pack at the end of October from the council. Apparently if your child is registered with a Doctor then they will have your child's D.O.B on a database and you'll automatically get the pack.

In there it told us how to apply to our chosen schools by post or online.

We had a letter from the school (callum attended nursery there as well as now going to school there)

We're in an area on the border of two councils. If we were with the other council we could go to the school office and collect a pack to fill out, our council asked us to fill out online so I followed the link and just filled out my details, then we had to put up to 5 choices down and fill out any supporting info on why we wanted that choice. Think we could fill it out and edit it any time up till january and then we found out in april (found out callum got into our first choice the day my waters went with Maisie funnily enough!) Good luck! Xx

We received a letter through the post sometime in the October. It gave us all the schools in the area and advised us how to apply online or by post.
We applied online as it was easier. With our son we looked round the schools in our catchment area and then when the online firm went live we applied straight away. With our daughter we did the same except we didn't send the application until the day before it closed as we really weren't sure what to do.
If you go onto your council website you should be able to find the detailson how to apply in your area.

Wriggley, if you look on your local county / borough website there will b a section "applying for primary in 2015" or "starting primary in 2015" and it will explain it all. Not all areas send out packs or letters. Do not rely on that happening. I live in London and my borough does not send out letters or packs, they just expect you to know what to do, the borough that we live near the border of also sends out nothing. In London there is a "pan London" application website. Most counties outside London also let you apply online.

We also never received anything in the post for any of ours. Lots of primary schools here are doing open days atm def get on to it right away xx

I went to our preferred school and asked for an application form.

Our local authority don't send out the info until week commencing 17th November. You then apply online.

There all different ours don't send anything out. I think most kids who go to nursery get something through nursery there's also information in the libary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->