How pregnant am I?

Rachie004

Reaction score
This is such a ridiculous question but I've managed to confuse myself completely! :blush:

When I went to the Dr he told me I was about 5 weeks but I figured that since I was only 12dpo that I was 4w5d so I've been using Fridays as my weekly threshold. That was a week ago so now I think I'm 5w5d at 19dpo.

I didn't ovulate until CD27 if that makes any difference.

If I'm basing it on a 28 day cycle with a 14 day FP + my 19dpo = 33 days then am I only 4 weeks 5 days?

I'm really sorry, I'm probably missing something really obvious but like I say I've managed to confuse myself completely! Everything on the internet is telling me I'm even more pregnant than what I think I am but I've managed to baffle myself :dohh:

Hey two questions, well kind of one question really, how did your doctor determine that you were about 5 weeks when you saw him? If he went just by LMP, it's very possible the dates are off as they were with me. Also, did your doctor give you a scan? If he gave you a scan and then said you're measuring 5 weeks, then you probably were at that time. I know it can be confusing with dates and knowing when you conceived but the scan is usually the most accurate (even though it can be off by a bit in the early weeks, but as you get further and get scanned once or twice more in the first trimester, like an 8 week and 11 or 12 week scan, you'll get the exact amount of weeks along you are! Hope this helps :hugs:

Thank you for the reply.

He didn't scan me, it's not common practice in the UK for them to scan you so early. I explained to my Dr that I had a wacky cycle this month and didn't ovulate until day 27, he asked when I usually ovulate and how long my cycles usually are and came up with 5 weeks.

If we went from my LMP then I'd be 6+4 which I know I'm not because like I say I ovulated so late.

Oh, I took a clearblue with conception indicator last week too and it said 2-3 weeks which according to the box would have made me 4-5 weeks. I'm so fricken confused! :haha:

Thank you for the reply.

He didn't scan me, it's not common practice in the UK for them to scan you so early. I explained to my Dr that I had a wacky cycle this month and didn't ovulate until day 27, he asked when I usually ovulate and how long my cycles usually are and came up with 5 weeks.

If we went from my LMP then I'd be 6+4 which I know I'm not because like I say I ovulated so late.

Ah, okay then :) Well, then I suppose you're going by your estimated ovulation date then? When are you scheduled for your scan? You'll be able to tell how far along you are then because they will measure your baby :) Congrats, by the way! :hugs:

I don't have an appointment for a scan yet, again it's not common practice for them to scan here until around 12 weeks although I'm planning on booking an early private scan for when I'm around 8 weeks - whenever that is :p xx

Congratulations to you too, I can't wait to be a raspberry xx

i would google a due date calculator from ovulation. i have longer cycles so doc cant really be accurate from lmp. As soon as we get scan they will give you more accurate date :)

Just trying to work out from what you have said, did you O on 13th Sept? If so I would say 4 wks 4days/5days

They normally go from LMP and then alter it when you have your 12 week scan xxx

sounds like for you the most accurate estimate right now would be from your ovulation date. You ovulated too late in your cycle to estimate based on LMP and the clear blue test is just a guess based on your HCG levels which can vary so much from woman to woman. Basically you would add the dates from ovulation to now and add 14 and that's how pregnant you are. You and your doctor were only off by 2 days from each other which is nothing. Remember, it's just an estimate! Congratulations!

My midwife and doctor had done from the first day of my last cycle. It was bang on accurate at my 20 week scan.

While you may not really know until your 20 week scan when they do all the measurements it sounds like you roughly are 5 weeks.

In the end...when you are 40 weeks and baby is being stubborn not coming a few days here and there wont matter.

The numbers involved in pregnancy are mind numbing.

The difference between what you thought and what your doctor thinks is only two days so i guess I don't really know where the confusion is coming from. Until you have a scan it's all guess work anyway because even if you know when you ovulated you don't know when baby implanted. Just pick one of those dates and then when you do have your scan you can adjust from there.

I'm more concerned about the week difference that I came up with this morning rather than the 2 days. Plus I'm planning on booking an early private scan so if I book it thinking that I'm a week later than I actually think I am then I feel would cause worry rather than reassurance. I also feel like the further I get into the pregnancy then the safer I am if that makes sense?

My confusion is based on me being 19DPO today and the Dr telling me that I was 5 weeks last week when I think I'm only nearly 5 weeks now.

Okay, I've been on a vacuuming marathon and I've given it a good mull over.

I'm wondering if I did indeed ovulate on CD20 when I was supposed to, which would make my ticker correct, things would make more sense. I think most people when they test at 11dpo (which I would have been had I ovulated on CD27) generally have really faint lines or 'squinters' but my test line was darker than the control line on the FRER that I took in the afternoon. I had textbook symptoms of ovulation leading up to day 20 and the only thing that didn't necessarily correlate was the temperature shift. I don't know, none of is conclusive.

If I book an early scan for when I think I'm 8 and a bit but I'm actually 7 and a bit then we should hopefully still get to see everything that we would hope to, like a really lovely heartbeat.

At the end of the day (and I hate using that phrase) the most important thing is that I'm pregnant which is amazing and I'll just have to be a bit more patient to find out how far along I am. Thank you for all of the replies girls, I think I was just having a bit of a flap - thank you for bearing with me, normal service to resume :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->